what to expect from Su-27 module?

nap0leonic

And people would ABSOLUTELY fight over resources. You think Poland mobilized for no reason? Everyone is trying to avert a major conflict in that region but nobody is faffing about either. The thing you are forgetting is that human beings fight over ideas and principles and not just pragmatism. I doubt this will turn into anything the way it is going right now, but there were numerous incidents in the Balkans before ww2 that were diplomatically averted until they failed once: and you had a ww1. Diplomacy only has to fail once. WW1 was fought more about ideas, principals, and national pride than anything else. WW2 started over intangibles as well. Had anyone been purely pragmatic, with no moral concerns getting int he way, it would proabably have been economically better for Europe to just let Poland get eaten up by Germany and Russia. This is what you dont get. People fight each other for more than just dollars or oil. We scoff at moral affronts, perceived or otherwise. And thank goodness we do, because I dont want to live in world where we dispense with morality just to keep our checkbooks balanced.

No way. No one is starting a World War with the USA and EU vs Russia and China or anything like that. The USA, EU, Russia, and China, are all too formidable and the benefits of winning such a war just aren't there. There is no apparent weakling power to pick on, stomp, and profit off of.I read all kinds of crazy comments on Youtube, from the USA, EU, China, and Russia, with persons claiming that one or the other power could win a conventional war against the other in days and the winner would live happily ever after. This is surely all absurd.

In reality, a single destroyed bridge, tunnel, or skyscraper, can take many years to plan and construct, if not decades. Even a victor of such a war involving the USA, China, Russia, and EU, would result in the winners of such a war spending the rest of the Twenty First Century in reconstruction. No one is starting such a war.

No way. No one is starting a World War with the USA and EU vs Russia and China or anything like that. The USA, EU, Russia, and China, are all too formidable and the benefits of winning such a war just aren't there. There is no apparent weakling power to pick on, stomp, and profit off of.I read all kinds of crazy comments on Youtube, from the USA, EU, China, and Russia, with persons claiming that one or the other power could win a conventional war against the other in days and the winner would live happily ever after. This is surely all absurd.

In reality, a single destroyed bridge, tunnel, or skyscraper, can take many years to plan and construct, if not decades. Even a victor of such a war involving the USA, China, Russia, and EU, would result in the winners of such a war spending the rest of the Twenty First Century in reconstruction. No one is starting such a war.

Which is the same tired argument history has repeatedly shown to be false. Like I said, people fight over principles. We are not perfectly pragmatic organisms. WW1 and 2 hardly started with a lineup of weakling powers. You also underestimate the human capacity to rebuild. Europe was practically flattened in ww2, yet it was completely rebuilt. Your argument has no basis in human nature or historical precedent, or what continued human practice implys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

Yeah alright rolls eyes

Now maybe we can get back to the Su27 and the goodness of PFM.

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

• 6 years later...

We can have it as a mod. To fly in SP or even on IC protected MP servers)

2 hours ago, WarbossPetross said:

shut-up-and-take-my-money-meme-512x512.p

Guy sells this model for 550$ on turbosquid. is there a crowdfounding platdorm we could use to get this? I`m willing to give my 50$ it would take couple of dozens of contributors   to aqcuire the model and then to support the modder that could animate the most important parts of the cockpit. MFDs, HUD and the Stick for starters.

• Like 3

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

Il 11/9/2021 at 19:33, musolo ha scritto:

We can have it as a mod. To fly in SP or even on IC protected MP servers)

Guy sells this model for 550$ on turbosquid. is there a crowdfounding platdorm we could use to get this? I`m willing to give my 50$ it would take couple of dozens of contributors   to aqcuire the model and then to support the modder that could animate the most important parts of the cockpit. MFDs, HUD and the Stick for starters.

Do you have a link ? 

• 3 weeks later...

Watch the videos, think about them, then come back and ask your question again. This is not like the examples you listed.  The Hornet is a world class nose pointer. The Flanker is much heavier, and has a limitation that it cannot pull max G or AoA with the forward fuel tank full.  It behaves like a heavy Hornet because it IS heavy. 

Most flagrant exemple :

sukhoi 27 Vs hornet, 5min of burn time fuel qty for each aircraft.

47% and 53% respectively.

The sukhoi will have much more drag under G load, less accélération, unable to reaccelerate under g load. 

For a 2 circle deck transition after a merge at the same low speed, the hornet will already be at 370kts rating since 2/3 seconds and making huge amount of angle vice the sukhoi hardly getting 250km/h in excess, unable to rate because he can't accelerate as as quick in a turn the difference is just phenomenon.

For sure hornet as better T/W ratio, but here something, in my referential, feels wrong about sukhoi beeing a bit dragy and hornet being overpowered AF.

• Like 1

Just to be sure...

Do you compare two flights by yourself or against some other humar or even AI? Is it about dogfight technique or pure performance? AI has totally different and simpified FM - not comparable to the modules - so avoid comparisons. Humans are known to flight and fight differently and have different skill level both for dogfighting and keeping flight parameters.

Why do you expect them to be similar in performance? They are different airframes with different strenghts and weaknesses.

Best you can do is to compare their performance separately against their manuals and charts. Not against each other and feelings about flight characteristics. Like you can see - no one is shocked but there were already threads discussing discrepancies of FMs of both aircraft.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

5 hours ago, draconus said:

Best you can do is to compare their performance separately against their manuals and charts. Not against each other and feelings about flight characteristics. Like you can see - no one is shocked but there were already threads discussing discrepancies of FMs of both aircraft.

How is that going to work when there is no publicly available hard data charts for the F-18? That one whacky GAO report is not really usable to verify it’s flight model and ED is not exactly forthcoming on what exactly they based the whole FM on ..

Sure I agree using dogfights for performance evaluation is less than ideal due to the variables involved , but I can understand where Plaiskool is coming from.

It really seems to be performing extremely well in sustained rate and energy sustainability , which is hard to verify without data.

Edited by Snappy

7 hours ago, plaiskool said:

Most flagrant exemple :

sukhoi 27 Vs hornet, 5min of burn time fuel qty for each aircraft.

47% and 53% respectively.

The sukhoi will have much more drag under G load, less accélération, unable to reaccelerate under g load. 

For a 2 circle deck transition after a merge at the same low speed, the hornet will already be at 370kts rating since 2/3 seconds and making huge amount of angle vice the sukhoi hardly getting 250km/h in excess, unable to rate because he can't accelerate as as quick in a turn the difference is just phenomenon.

For sure hornet as better T/W ratio, but here something, in my referential, feels wrong about sukhoi beeing a bit dragy and hornet being overpowered AF.

I suggest you direct that to ED in private messages. I agree. I find it weird how the flanker has one of the worst fuel consumptions in burner, meanwhile it gets outpowered by even the F-18. The F-16 and F-14 are also crazy-good at outspeeding the flanker and eagle on the deck.

If you do not have data, search the web, or books etc. try to bring yourself to the same level of knowledge as ed 🤓

There is plenty of info, not as easy to interpret as em-plots, but tons of nasa data (drag, lift, polars, thrust data, sep, envelopes, etc) for the f18, even maneuver charts. Probably far more than for many other existing modules.  Enough to built a high fidelity module for scientists and developers like ed. Not to forget the sme inputs.

If a fm does not behave as you expect, your expectations might be wrong. Or ed  and independent scientists are.  I tend to trust the latter, math based on aerodynamic (nasa) data. Call me naive.

ED knows where the fm needs tweaks and there should come a fm update „soon“.  

I expect slightly higher sep, slightly better aoa-capability and moderate higher speed bleeds at corner based on my tests against public available data. And (marginal to) almost no str or itr changes. But probably my sources and expectations are wrong too 😂.  We will see.

But this is not the f18 thread right?

• Like 2