Russian HOTAS

this picture maybe of some interest of people here who want a Russian flight stick.

Hooves_Oculus_TrackIR_Small.jpg

This was posted by the Devs for the new Battle of Stalingrad sim being developed. That looks like a Russian style hotas.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Bigby Wolf, Actually there's also a standard cheap Defender Cobra M5, if you can't afford the high-cost modded version: http://flightsimcontrols.com/store/joysticks/cobra-m5/

i7 2600k@4.6GHz | GA-Z68XP-UD4 | Kingston KHX1600C9D3P1K2/8G | EVGA GTX 680 GTW+ 4 GB | WD6401AALS | WD15EADS | HP ZR2440w | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + TrackClipPro | Windows 7 x64

Is that one of those female pets that gripes and bitches when every you spend a single dime on something YOU want?

Ha ha quality nearly fell off my chair have to remember that one.

I don't understand why he has the track ir as well I though the Oculus was internal and head movement was built into it.

The Ruskies don't like sharing links to their products do they I found a headset the other day which had track ir or their version built into the headset all in one.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

I don't understand why he has the track ir as well I though the Oculus was internal and head movement was built into it.

The Oculus Rift only has 3DOF, which are Roll, Pitch and Yaw, the TrackIR is probably used for X/Y/Z movement, which are positional axis and another 3 degrees of freedom required for a full 6DOF cockpit, such as the ones in DCS.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

meh. Again a ridiculously priced stick and it doesn't even have a throttle. This is why this sim is so niche. You can't afford a joystick that's able to play it well.

This stick (Fat Cobra) is a big step-up from the regular Defender Cobra. It has completely reworked all-metal mechanics with ball-bearings and custom springs. It also has additional rotaries, switches and buttons, which are all high quality and nice resolution. (I believe it's 12 bit for the rotaries).

It does have a rotary on the left of the stick which can be used as a rudimentary throttle.

There is also a slimmed down version of this stick without the additional controls, it's significantly cheaper.

Those sticks are custom-made and have a higher quality than the mass-produced ones. The prices are reasonable. Handmade construction. Limited quantity.

I don't advertise the stick. But I hear it's good. There are two Russian guys who produce kick-ass hardware, they are VKB and BRD.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

This picture is a girlfriend's worst nightmare.

There will probably be a ton of "adult video content" for the rift so...

She could be looking at you and seeing Brad Pitt in the bedroom :)

Actually, I would use that as a selling point. Heck, she might even let you get his & hers. She doesn't need to know that it's for flying Co-op huey with a human copilot :D

No multiple monitors, no simpit... you're deep undercover. Basicly you're a goddamn flight sim ninja as far as she's concerned!

You don't have lateral tracking in the Rift, only rotational. So TrackIR will give you all tracking possibilities. You could take the rotational sensor readings and inject them into DCS with FaceTrackNoIR, but it is easier to do with TrackIR.

You need lateral tracking in order to zoom in into instruments with your head, the current Rift dev kit is pretty low resolution, making instrument readability somewhat of an issue.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

This picture is a girlfriend's worst nightmare.

exactly....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I wishThrustmaster would stop being a bunch of ****ers and released some grips, so far the removable grip is SO Useless.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I think once we start seeing more DCS fighters come out Thrustmaster will start making removable sticks,I dont see how it would take much effort on their part,I think they are just waiting for a market....I hope.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I don't see it happening. They can't even be bothered to make pedals for flight sims and those they could sell to any flight simmer. A grip replacement only has a very small potential market (a small subset of the flight simmers who own Warthogs), which is probably not enough to make it worth the investment.

EDIT: Along with the unit itself, Target will need new code, and it has not been touched in two years.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I doubt it... they make a product for 10 years ... flightsim crowd is not large enough. They do however release more racing products.

I know, I would love to have a set of pedals as nice as the TM ones my brother uses to race.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I guess you guys got a point,its a shame they didnt come out with some high end metal rudder pedals to go with my warthog:)

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog