Mi-8MTV2 in 1.2.6

...just 'this year'

That would be the most reliable estimate.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wags posted a Mil Mi-8 pict on ED facebook, but, What is that county?

622694_10153216455755341_1152598875_o.jpg

I believe that is Afghanistan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Afghan_National_Air_Force_roundel.svg

Edit: Beat me to it Rammit, rep inbound, thanks for confirming.

I'm not familiar with all the specs of the Mi-8, so I was wondering about the gunner positions. It was mentioned that they won't be added until release so I understand why they are missing in this screen shot. But when added, there will be a cut out in the back door area on the right side correct? I'm assuming he's also able to aim out the back when the doors are fully open as well?

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

or can be a operable door

It depends on the version but I think this version has positions flanking the rear, kind of at the 4 and 8 o'clock positions.

Ah I see, thanks!

Afghan Hip? Man I will love a Afghanistan map, or at least a part of it, and with a flyable Hind... So many opportunities!!

Hip, Hind and Afghan map would definitely be fun. Add in infantry models of Afghan era soviets and mujaheddin and you should have everything you need to model that conflict.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Is there ANY idea of when 1.2.6 with the eventual Beta of this will drop?

I mean are we talking a week or two, a few weeks or a few months or just 'this year'

Maybe we should start a "is it out yet?" thread. It only took us 271 pages when we waited for 1.2.2... :D

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Ah I see, thanks!

Hip, Hind and Afghan map would definitely be fun. Add in infantry models of Afghan era soviets and mujaheddin and you should have everything you need to model that conflict.

We can even fly Mig-21 and Su-25 there :D

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

We can even fly Mig-21 and Su-25 there :D

Can do it with the Moded Nevada map too!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Can't wait who's with me on buying on the day its released?

Nope, .. won't be suckered in to a Belsimtek Beta again, .. unless .. the finished Huey is released first.:)

I see no benefit in funding their 3rd project. :smilewink:

Once bitten ... twice shy .. :)

Edited by Thomasew

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Buying it straight away isn't the problem, finding the time to fly is! :(

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

As I said a few times in the past, I'll hold until multiplayable positions have been implemented. Until then no multiseat aircraft, Its kinda a big deal for me as I solely play multiplayer. However Mi-8 may get special consideration -

Is the fixed weapon positions completely controlled by the pilot or does the co-pilot have a part in with the main armament ? (In a real world situation)

&

Do any multiplayer missions have a use for a non-combat aircraft yet ? Example: any interaction to ground troops been implemented yet or logistic type missions ? Been out of the game for a bit so I'm amiss with the upkeep of dev information.