NOTHING

WRONG

WHIT

THE

HUEY

MODEL

INGAME

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we need to spell it out for you? As long as you keep drawing reference lines to the wrong parts of the helicopter, you will get very varying results for the angle of the rotor shaft.

First thing you would need to do know is find an UH-1H Maintenance Manual and look for ATA chapter 6 "Dimensions and Areas".

As well as the figures regarding to water, buttock and station lines.

When done come back and say you were wrong, cause basically that's what the official manual is going to tell you.

And yes, Rammit is right.

We should thank you for bringing this (no existent) issue up, cause now we got some new MI-8 screenshots.thumbup.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

After reading Hueyman`s complain and have a look by myself, at least I know what he is talking about. I absolutely don`t know if this have any relevance on flight dynamic calculations and what not, though I got his point.

I put this drawing from the Huey TM 55-1520-210-10 manual over the same drawing from the DCS Huey manual and shift it slightly forward. Look at the rotormast only. There are for sure differences in the types of Huey and I do not know if that matters, though I understand what Hueyman is talking about...and thats all I want to say for now.;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=86699&stc=1&d=1377689930

Comparison.thumb.jpg.bd47fe5f35e3172de9876c2886fa775f.jpg

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Thanks, at least someone unbiased and with common sense !

It is so obvious I don't understand Falcon is stuck in his blind opinion ...

And I won't write all differences there is on the model as this would be pointless, and also, blueprints stay blueprints and are never 100% accurate ( I know what I'm talking about ). For sure there were several Huey model, but none of them got their rotor mast backward like this

BELSIMTEK, please correct that once for all.

But it really bothers me as all I said if off-topic, which is originally about the Mi-8... I just asked for this not to happen with their new helo, and people rushed against me, this is why I had to make this long post ...

Now with EagleEye's pict, it is even more obvious. So please stop to say that the Huey model good regarding that particular point ( rotor mast ) as it is not ... It is like if A-10 wing dihedral wasn't spot on... everyone would have screamed !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Ignoring the fact this is the MI-8 thread:

Hueyman"s concerns are sound.

Did anyone have a look at the rotor disk yet during slow taxi ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=86701&stc=1&d=1377692553

A little hint, the helicopter is not moving sideways :D

I set trim for 17-18 km/h forward flight and then left collective and cyclic alone, steering only with rudder around the airfield (no wind btw).

If some people still think I was decelerating in that screenshot, I will post the track too.

Now, who volunteers to explain to us that everything is fine with the disk in this screen and the total thrust vector is in fact pointing backwards ?!

Greetings

MadCat

Edited by -=MadCat=-

Yes, in the pic you see different orientation of the mast.

But also different orientation of the fuselage...... By more or less similar amount.

***EDIT***

got a link to that pic?

Ignoring the fact this is the MI-8 thread:

Hueyman"s concerns are sound.

Did anyone have a look at the rotor yet during slow taxi ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=86701&stc=1&d=1377692553

A little hint, the helicopter is not moving sideways biggrin.gif

I set trim for 17-18 km/h forward flight and then left collective and cyclic alone, steering only with rudder around the airfield (no wind btw).

If some people still think I was decelerating in that screenshot, I will post the track too.

Now, who volunteers to explain to us that everything is fine with the disk in this screen and the total thrust vector is in fact pointing backwards ?!

Greetings

MadCat

Regardless though, rotor disk orientation and rotormast orientation in relation to the fuselage have nothing to do whit each other.

Meaning, one is not dependent on the other.

Edited by 159th_Falcon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

• ED Team
THAT is correct !

Will we see this in the final Huey too ?

For example:

the parking angle of the Mi-8 is 4 .. 6 degrees up regarding the horizontal.

A tilt main rotor axis is 4 degrees 30minutes regarding the fuselage waterline. So, it may be a situation in which the axis of the rotor is tilted backward, not forward to the regarding absolute vertical line, and it will not be wrong.

PS

If angle mast our Huey is wrong - we'll fix this inaccuracy:)

Edited by PilotMi8

PS

If angle mast our Huey is wrong - we'll fix this inaccuracy:)

GREAT ! That is what I dreamed to hear all day long ;-)

And thanks for the examples PilotMi8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)