Changing font color

Is it possible to change the font color in the onscreen print .

I mean the red isn't that hard to read , but a blue font against a blue sky in a real pain . I don't know if all of you agree , maybe its just my eyes , but for example a dayglow color and possibily white .

Any decent ideas ?

You mean the icons? if yes... yes you can edit a copy of labels.lua from DCS game folder/Config/View/ and save it in your user folder from C:/Users/Your Name/Saved Games/DCS/Config/View/

Edit it with notepad++ so you will not mess it when save it.

here is an example of my edit:

AirFormat = {}

AirFormat[10] = ""

AirFormat[5000] = "+%P" --planes look like crosses

AirFormat[10000] = "+"

AirFormat[20000] = "+"

AirFormat[30000] = "+"

GroundFormat = {}

GroundFormat[5000] = "^" --ground units look like shevrons from military grades

GroundFormat[10000] = "^"

GroundFormat[20000] = "^"

NavyFormat = {}

NavyFormat[10000] = "~" --ships look like... waves

NavyFormat[20000] = "~"

NavyFormat[40000] = "~"

WeaponFormat = {}

WeaponFormat[5000] = "*" --missiles look like asterisks

WeaponFormat[10000] = "*"

WeaponFormat[20000] = "*"

-- Colors in {red, green, blue} format, volume from 0 up to 255

ColorAliesSide = {255, 100, 50} --this make red more orange like this +++++

ColorEnemiesSide = {0, 100, 255} --this make a a blue like that: ++++++

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

LABELS

Hello,

my soon have 8 years,he is played on easy mode and he used the Maj F10 to view all enemies

the simulation in realistic mode is to hard for him

i would like delete ONLY the symbols(triangle for plane,square for tank,reverse T for sam...) in the game

i don't understand the sructure of the labels.lua file to edit it correctly

excuse me for my bad english,i am a french guy:smilewink:

thank you

Croalex, I'll try to do a edit like you said today. But triangles squares etc are special symbols... I'ss see if I can make them work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I tried but there are 2 problems.

One is that tanks and other ground units share the same symbol... so you cannot diferentiate between SAM and Tank.

Second is I can't insert special characters like triangles or squares in that lua. Although the Character Map has some.

So maybe if you can live with same character for all ground units and pick one that can be typed in that lua. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok here is mine

place it in your User folder/Saved Games/DCS/Config/View so you don't overwrite original file from game folder.

Labels.lua

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh,

i have tested your file(see in 2nd post) and i like it,specially the missile in *

i was thinking that is another file to work for me

my objective is to have for all target(tank,sam,missile,plane,helo...):

-one symbol: point or other(+ ^ ~ *:thumbup:)

-a distance

-the name

BUT WITHOUT SQUARRE,TRIANGLE,...

i think it is impossible!!!

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great. I use dots also now for ground objects.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]