Always start with engine on. :(

flyka737

I bought DCS Black Shark about 2 years ago. I installed it today, and got used to startup, by watching youtube vids. I wanted to do a real startup, but training mission unavailable because of 1.0.2. And by clicking on any mission i always start in the air, or on the ground with engine running. How can i start a free flight with no enemies and my helicopter unpowered and engine stopped like on youtube. I want to start it up fully, and fly without my enemies mocking me. Please help me! :)

Mission editor, add helicopter (down the left side) of the window, click somewhere and then set it to Ka-50 (any country, it doesn't matter, make sure you set the skill to player, and then below change the waypoint type to Take off from ramp. This will snap to the nearest parking spot, then save and click fly.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I agree with Flagrum, BS2 still receives updates where as BS1 does not. World is free too :) If you upgrade to bs2, you can download my training missions that are in-cockpit interactive training missions instead of vids.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Another note about starting from ramp. If you want to be able to refuel/rearm, get ground power, etc. then you'll want to make sure there's a friendly ground vehicle at the airport you're going to be starting from. Just click the little "tank" icon on the left bar for "create new ground vehicle group" and make sure it's the same team as you, then place it next to the airfield. Doesn't matter what sort of unit it is, I don't think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]