Help please:StarForce Copy Protection

Hi,

I bought LockOn:FC Gold. It came with two cd's. After installing first cd (Lockon) and second cd (FC) a StarForce Copy Protection Windows appeared checking the FC original disc… and after long 3 minutes of reding on my cd drive, is telling me to put a licenced disc on the drive?? Which is already there!!.. a message ‘Failed to identify the disc in the drive’ appeared…Then after repeating the procedure three times the copy protection now is asking the following ‘Enter a Disc Key for the Disc Labeled EVL000412..’.

Please some help…why my cd drive cannot recognize the original (FC) cd? And second... where in the Gold box or cd’s I can find the ‘disc key’ ?

Thank you in advance

Carlos Su27Flanker

:confused: :confused:

I don't have LockOn Gold but I assume its Lockon plus FC and that's it. You speak about the "original FC disc". There is only the FC disc which must be in the drive when loading FC (not LOCKON). Star Force does its own check when you first install, I can remember of having a choice of three buttons to click. It took time to check. Can you try to install on a mates machine to check if a H'ware or S'ware problem. There was another program you had to install with FC as part of the FC installation (I think). I assume this is Star Force installation, so you can't not do it.

Good luck Wombat

XP Home SP3 32bit/Vista 64bit dual boot, Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz/8Gb RAM chip set, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 video card, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry.

100% correct, but missing one small bit of information.

Lock On Gold IS Lock On and Flaming Cliffs, BUT . . . . the one vital piece of knowledge here is that the first run of discs were faulty.

They had a messed-up version of Starforce that asked for a CD-key you did not in fact have, and never should have needed.

Uninstall, and send the disc 2 to Evolved Games for replacement.

Or . . . . return the game to the store, get Lomac v1.02 from the bargain bin, and order the Flaming Cliffs CD from NaturalPoint.com.

ALL NaturalPoints discs have worked - if you get your copy of Gold exchanged for another copy of Gold, then you could get another duff disc. If you send it back to Evolved, you could be waiting for some time . . . .

Well, well ...... learn something new every day .....thanks BGP and SKF

XP Home SP3 32bit/Vista 64bit dual boot, Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz/8Gb RAM chip set, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 video card, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry.

Hi,

Wombat1940 – Thanks for your support.

Britgliderpilot – good advise as well. Thanks.

SuperKungFu - Thank you for the Evolved Games website. It is clear there what I have to do next. I will return the game, wait to get a new set of cd’s.following the instruction in that website. They are aware of the problem…

…..If you recently purchased a version of Lock-On Gold and have been unable to begin initial game play on your pc, you may have purchased a version that contains a defective game disk. It has come to our attention that a limited amount of Lock-On Gold game units have been released containing this defect, which was not the cause of the StarForce encryption. If you feel you may have purchased a version of the Lock-On Gold game containing a defective disk, please contact the following toll free number (888) 856-2424 or email lockon@creativecms.com. Upon your call we will verify if you have purchased a version containing a defective disk and provide you with instructions on where to send the defective version and how to receive a functioning version of the Lock-On Gold game.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause…..

Su27flanker

no problem, a lot of people, including me, had to go through this. All i did was sent an e-mail and they e-mail back saying it was shipped. Got the cd within a week since i live in california and they ship from NC (i believe). Not that big of a hassle, it was worth the wait. Btw...they ship to you free of charge.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]