Planes bank to the side without controllers

POLARIS1

Hi,

Started about 48 hours ago.

It's like there's a small rudder input either to the right for the A-10C or to the left for the P51D.

Uninstalled the game completely, uninstalled the controllers completely, installed everything from scratch and...if every single device is disconnected the A-10C will bank to the right and the P51D will bank to the left.

I think it started after a C++ update but I'm not certain.

Running WIN 7, WartHog HOTAS, Saitek combat pedals, TrackIr 5 and a huge amount of fatigue.

jgVplRQ.png

Hi,

Started about 48 hours ago.

It's like there's a small rudder input either to the right for the A-10C or to the left for the P51D.

Uninstalled the game completely, uninstalled the controllers completely, installed everything from scratch and...if every single device is disconnected the A-10C will bank to the right and the P51D will bank to the left.

I think it started after a C++ update but I'm not certain.

Running WIN 7, WartHog HOTAS, Saitek combat pedals, TrackIr 5 and a huge amount of fatigue.

Have you checked:

- side winds?

- unequal loadout?

Enable the virtual joystick with RCTRL+ENTER ... is there any control input visible when you experience that effect?

And/or post a .TRK file so we can have a look at it.

[ATTACH]86021[/ATTACH]

.TRK file as requested.

To me it looks totally okay. Yes, she banks to the right a bit, but the loadout isn't really 100% symetrically, though. One side: TGP+Sidewinders, the other rockets+ECM pod.

Just trim a tick or two to the left and she flies as if she were made for it ... *cough* ;-)

What about the Mustang? That plane has a good tendency to steer left when you take off - caused by the immense torque of the prop (and thus needs the right trimming for take off). Especially if your speed is still low. Could that be the problem there?

My guess is aileron trim. When I first tried out DCS World the trim was entirely messed up on the Su-25 the moment I started flight. To this day, every time I fly it the first thing I have to do is adjust the trim. I haven't had that problem with the P-51 though.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

First off...Flagrum...thanks for the help!

As for the different aspects of your advices:

1. The banking was not present till about 48 hours ago.

2. The A10C banking occurs even after jettison full payload (LCtrlW).

3. All is checked through instant mission in midair...the P51 banks to the left as it never had.

When check through campaign 2 for the A10C on the runway it veers to the right on the ground during takeoff with nose wheel active and without.

By the way...no banking with the simpler planes, eg F15C and SU 25T.

jgVplRQ.png

First off...Flagrum...thanks for the help!

As for the different aspects of your advices:

1. The banking was not present till about 48 hours ago.

Strange. The amount of banking in your track file is what I had and have in every flight. The plane just needs to be trimmed - that's the normal behaviour, afaik.

2. The A10C banking occurs even after jettison full payload (LCtrlW).

That does not jettison the A2A weapons, nor the pods (TGP, ECM) and thus leaves the plane still with an asymetric loadout.

Try a mission where you cleaned the loadout completely before starting - how does the plane behave then?

3. All is checked through instant mission in midair...the P51 banks to the left as it never had.

Well, can't say too much about the P51. I only know that I crashed many of them on the left hand side of the runway ... :o)

When check through campaign 2 for the A10C on the runway it veers to the right on the ground during takeoff with nose wheel active and without.

That is normal, too, afaik. This is caused by the nose wheel which is mounted off-center. Taking off with the A-10C always requires some rudder input to keep it rolling straight for me.

By the way...no banking with the simpler planes, eg F15C and SU

25T.

That is explainable by the fact, that those aircrafts are modelled in not so much detail - the so called SFM (standard flight model, some call it "simple" flight model) in comparisation to the AFM, the advanced flight model of the A-10C, P51 (or Blackshark, or Huey)

see my comments in blue

Flagrum...your help and time are appreciated!

Donr know why I had no need for trimming in level flight so far but I'll take it from the more experienced and knowledgable persons here.

My gratitude for your help and for bringing me some peace of mind.

Cheers mate!!!

jgVplRQ.png