f-22 by Iris preview

Antorian

Long time lurker, first time poster. I read the quoted below and had to interject.

Where did you get this information from?

Just three days ago I reformatted and reinstalled FSX and it activated with no problems at all.

In fact, MS still sell it through their website:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Flight-Simulator-X/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8044d530935

Why would they be selling it if they had stopped activations?

Perhaps you might want to check your sources before making claims like this.

As for the topic of the Iris F-22 for DCS, of course it won't be in the same league as the A-10C or Ka-50 simulations already available. Then again given Iris' track record of FSX addons I would be very wary of buying anything from them.

From what I heard you had to call microsoft support to reactivate, but they will still do it. As for buying it off games for windows live. If any of you want it buy it within the next week because buying games from there will be removed next week.

On topic: It would be interesting to see what they could do with the F-22, but I would much prefer that Tomcat that they were showing here.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On topic: It would be interesting to see what they could do with the F-22, but I would much prefer that Tomcat that they were showing here.

I'm hoping the Tomcat is the next module after the T-38. I know that they are getting burned out by putting the Tomcat into other sims, but hopefully the T-38 gives them a good break.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

what good is a MIG-28 without a Tomcat to fly in a Inverted 4G Negative Dive.....

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

New pilot animations will need to be added for "keeping up foreign relations" :D

need to add a hot key and camera strobe to the back seat too.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

FSX it self is no longer supported.

MS Recently Terminated the Ability to safely and legally activate any new copies of FSX

MS Terminated any Support for Microsoft ESP.

MS Basically gave up on everything Flight Simulator.

Lockheed Martin Purchased the Intellectual Property and the Source code from MS as well as hired several of the former ACES Studios Members.

Prepar3d is the only thing left for FSX Owners to look forward too.

VRS Can only do so much with a base code that doesnt support combat.

VRS will most likely make a Prepare3d version.:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I can't remember if it was IRIS or not, but there was one company making a DCS module that flat out stated they would NEVER support TacPac.

Aerosoft and some other devs are adding weapons to their addons with Tacpack.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Please, F-14. I'm not picky, i'll even take the A model with bad engines..

Indeed, even if I end up killing Goose all over again on occasion, I'll take the A model.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Keep the smack on, Ronco the blowers ("set 'em and forget 'em"), fight vertical until you don't want to fight vertically anymore (once you've got the other guy suckered and have drug him below 20k'), then bat-turn them into Mike parameters or shoot them with an AIM-7 in lag.

It ain't rocket science.

• 4 weeks later...
I was initially sceptical due to how classified this thing is and if they would be able to properly model it, but then my natural human hunger for power took over and made me realise MY GOSH I will feel like God flying that thing around at 40,000 feet, imagine how nervous other planes will be online knowing a stealth F-22 is out there somewhere locking them up! :thumbup:

They actually never realize that you are flying over them, my favorite thing to do flying in Vatsim is cruise at FL610 @ Mach 1.74, great fuel consumption when engine is kept bellow 89% N1.

Marco

Raptor driver

vUSAF. 1st FW, 27th FS

www.vUSAF.org

Please, F-14. I'm not picky, i'll even take the A model with bad engines..

Make a Super Tomcat please, there is one F-14D at work if you need pictures or you can even paint it like my jet that is in smithsonian air and space museum in Dulles international airport (Felix 105 from VF-31 "Tomcatters")

Too tall, Super tomcat is better, I bet the exhaust nozzle is way easier to make than the TF30 engine.

DSC02278.JPG

DSC02275.JPG

Edited by MARCO_rptr

Marco

Raptor driver

vUSAF. 1st FW, 27th FS

www.vUSAF.org

Make a Super Tomcat please, there is one F-14D at work if you need pictures or you can even paint it like my jet that is in smithsonian air and space museum in Dulles international airport (Felix 105 from VF-31 "Tomcatters")

Too tall, Super tomcat is better, I bet the exhaust nozzle is way easier to make than the TF30 engine.

Super Cat is definitely better don't get me wrong. I'd rather have a "D" model over the "A" model. Just meant that if the only Tomcat we can get is an "A" model I'll take it, long as we get a Tomcat in game. Hopefully we can get both eventually, the "A" for older era missions and that "D" for more modern combat. Nice pics BTW!:D

• ED Team
Is Iris even still actively working on DCS?

Yes they are, currently working on the T-38C

When David from IRIS has more to show he will :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is Iris even still actively working on DCS?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes but we won't know anything until they actually have something to show. They're making the T-38C for their first project potentially followed up by one of the F-14s (hopefully the D model).

Don't know anything about the F-22, it was my impression that it's a low priority for them, personally I don't know how they'll do it.

• 1 year later...
im looking for war to it :) Will the high alt high speed effect work? cant remember the name of it, but I can be at high altitude with a full burn and actually conserve fuel.

You mean supercruise? Actually F-22 is my all time favourite plane and its a pity we cannot see it for the next 15 years in DCS for sure. All information is classified and even 15 years is very lucky guess in this case. Shame.

"Let my armies be the rocks, and the trees, and birds in the sky"

Head over to the facebook page! They got a video of the model flying around. It's still WIP but can't wait!

https://www.facebook.com/irissimulations?ref=br_tf

The F-22 will never happen for DCS as, like, 90% of it is still highly classified, so it will never be even close to accurate

Edit: Grammarz

Edited by Revan

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

The F-22 is clearly a super cool plane, but I wouldn't mind a F-35B, instead of the F-22. The cockpit of the F-35B looks so super user friendly and she can take off vertically. :pilotfly:

Edited by mjmorrow

They should just build a Flaming-Cliffs arcade-version of the F-22 and keep it out of serious multiplayer gaming.

DID and Novalogic could build a F-22 15 years ago, which truly wasn't as-real-as-it-gets, but still very fun to fly. I just want it as a plane for smashing a few AI-flights and bombing some ground targets.... and finally got the feeling to fly F-22 again.

Sometimes I even install this old F-22 Raptor from Novalogic just to have this experience back ;)

I would love a FC3 version F-22, I think it could be done reasonably well too, like I would know how much wasnt like the real systems :)

As long as it has a flight model that includes proper landing physics and realistic brakes.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
As long as it has a flight model that includes proper landing physics and realistic brakes.

I wonder with a high quality 3D model, how good you could get the FM, I also know there are a number of reports on the F-22, aerodynamics and such... Yo-Yo would know best, but I would think you could at the very least make an AFM, dunno if there is enough for a PFM...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

See that's the thing. It doesn't matter how realistic, or not, it is in the air, if it glues itself to the runway on landing then the whole effect is ruined.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: