AVTRS and Fraps with custom view button?

WildBillKelsoe

I have an idea:

I want to map AVTRS (RECORD) button to fraps (Record) button so the switch toggle would start fraps recording and then also switch the screen from cockpit view to a HUD only view zoomed in (think LAlt+F1).

Is that possible?, and if so, how may I do it? I think it's a good step for hardcore realism fans and would complement our sim greatly.

What I mean is the cockpit AVTRS interface triggers Fraps to record (by a win key) and also the same key registers a custom view.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Afraid I can't offer suggestions, but I second this as being an awesome addition to the sim. Taking a currently not modeled part of the a/c and making it a useful tool.

It may be possible if A-10C options have a submenu for AVTRS control where I can put 2 keys, one for stby and one for rec. The key for standby would switch the screen to HUD only view, and the other key for recording with fraps. But the problem maybe to go back to cockpit view (maybe through HOTAS combo) and get parts of cockpit recorded at the end of video. I'm currently away from my simming PC for 2 more days, so if you don't mind checking A-10C controls options for an entry "AVTRS". If its there, it certainly could be mapped.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Your HOTAS programing should allow you to be able to map multiple timed key presses to accomplish this.

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

I'd be happy to help, but let me make sure I'm looking for the right thing. While I've been flying for a while, new to controls tinkering. Should I be looking in the bind-able controls ingame, or somewhere else?

yes, the bindable controls in the options menu. select controls/A-10C Sim/ then scroll the large menus for HOTAS, AHCP, CDU, UFC, etc... there should be one for AVTRS.

Your HOTAS programing should allow you to be able to map multiple timed key presses to accomplish this.

That is on a cosmetic approach. I want to do it from the cockpit. I certainly hope it is doable from the cockpit unmapped and unmodelled feats. This has nothing to do with starting fraps (which we all know is started before running the sim).

It sounds like you want a feature added to the sim. I don't see any way to do that without getting inside the cockpit code.

Granted, it would be rather cool.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It sounds like you want a feature added to the sim. I don't see any way to do that without getting inside the cockpit code.

Granted, it would be rather cool.

No. I was wondering if AVTRS is mappable so if it is, I could use its bindings to change cockpit view, and start fraps recording. I don't want ED to get into partnership with Beepa (agreed it would be cool), but too much partners, too little to play...

Mappable buttons and switches won't work that way.

If you want to flip the switch in the virtual cockpit (with your mouse) and have that send keystrokes, that you have assigned in Options>Controls, to change the view and start Fraps; then that can't be done.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: