Can't install FC3 (DCS World and FC3 versions don't match...)

Hi all,

I just bought FC3. I tried to install it and I got this message. "Can't install FC3 1.2.5.16508. Please, download FC3 1.2.5.16508 installer."

I'm assuming this is because of the recent DCS World update, and the new FC3 update isn't out to match it.

Is there a temporary work around? I want to fly now! :pilotfly:

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

which version you using Steam or ED's?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

which version you using Steam or ED's?

ED. Purchased off the website, downloaded using the torrent. I don't think FC3 is even on Steam.

I downloaded "FC3_1.2.5.16184.220_226.exe"

Looks like the FC3 I downloaded is 16184, and I need 16508 :/

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Can I somehow undo the update that came out yesterday for DCS World?

Did you try the dcsworld module gui? In the sim?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Didn't get no update for me yesterday.

Mastiff, here is the thread for yesterdays update.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=111451

Did you try the dcsworld module gui? In the sim?

Mastiff, this worked for me. All fixed. I went to module manager and updated through there. Not sure how that works since the DCS World version doesn't match the version of FC3, but i'll go with it :thumbup:

There are 3 Ways to resolve this:

Wait for the new Installer for FC3 to build an be online to download

Start a Command Prompt

Type: CD\

ENTER Key

Type: CD Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bin\

ENTER Key

Type: DCS_updater.exe install FC3

ENTER KEY

It will then download and install the latest FC3 build.

-3.Paste the following into notepad:

DCS_updater.exe install FC3

Save as InstallFC3.bat (make sure it doesnt save as a .bat.txt, change file type to "all files").

Place file in the DCS World/bin/ folder, double click it.

it will download and install the latest FC3 build.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs