[REPORTED]'Set path' actions cause clients CTD in MP!

horus0129

Hi,

Our squad mates played a TvT mission tonight, something annoying happened. When client players activated set path action in MP, their game was crashed. Everytime. But server player's game wasn't. If the users in ground commander slots were all clients, both of them got a CTD as soon as they set the path. For that reason it's impossible to play Team vs Team missions with ground commanders properly. Some critical bug for combined arms IMO.

Any suggestions to solve this problem? Or have to wait for the patch?

Please somebody test the mission attatched with your squad mates.

[PvP] Battle over Gudauta.miz

Edited by horus0129

I can verify this Client side crash activity.

I heard about it yesterday - a Client on my Hollo Pointe server reported it to me - two different missions were involved.

I just got home and tested it myself - on a third, different mission.

Join as a Ground Commander, choose a vehicle group and do a Set Path - make the route and Set Path again and the Client will crash out with DCS Stopped Working.

---

While you -- ED -- are fixing this ^^^, finish Combined Arms capability for any Ground Commander to be able to control AI aircraft. It is just horrible that a mission designer can put AI a/c into a mission, test it out for GC control, and then find out that the feature doesn't work with Clients in multiplayer.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I agree... Also the triggers bug that makes previously made mission "OBSOLETE!" AI (FC 3) no longer follow there waypoints, therefore; missions don't work... We are in a state of disrepair!:(

Can you provide some more details/mission for us to investigate this further?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• ED Team

Hey guys, I was able to reproduce and I have reported it to the devs, thanks!

I tested on another server, different mission so I dont think its the mission.

Hi,

Our squad mates played a TvT mission tonight, something annoying happened. When client players activated set path action in MP, their game was crashed. Everytime. But server player's game wasn't. If the users in ground commander slots were all clients, both of them got a CTD as soon as they set the path. For that reason it's impossible to play Team vs Team missions with ground commanders properly. Some critical bug for combined arms IMO.

Any suggestions to solve this problem? Or have to wait for the patch?

Please somebody test the mission attatched with your squad mates.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

This also happens if the host sets a path. All clients disconnect except the host.

This issue NEEDS to be adresses because it renders Combined Arms useless in multiplayer. That's a shame because combined arms is a real multiplayer module!

'Frett'

Glad this is not just me then. Did a complete windows clean boot and all software install today. seems Saitek's new software is broken too. was testing one of my mp missions with a few squad mates and when I moved ground troops we all had a CTD except the host server. not fully checked it but seemed to happen when a waypoint was set on a road that everybody had the CTD. when i moved them to a spot on the grass near the road only I got the CTD.

• 3 weeks later...