Question on Stutters

Bushaman

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone experiences the same thing as me. I usually have no problems with stutters. Then all of a sudden my screen goes dark, the cockpit loads back slowly, and then i have a very choppy game. I find that over time it goes away, minimizing and launching task manager help a lot too.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this and has a solution. Seems like it might be a memory issue?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 2500k (OC 4.6 Liquid) / AsRock Z77Extreme / Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB OC / 16GB RAM / 250GB Crucial SSD / Win7 x64 / TrackIR 4 Pro (Wireless Mod) / Saitek X-45

When the screen goes dark and comes back, it sounds like a WDDM 1.2 Display Driver Recovery.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Does sound likes issues with the driver or the card itself.

1. Double check drivers. Uninstall and re-install latest ones if you're not lazy.

2. Run a hardware diagnostic program and take a look at your GPU temperature(s). Usually the computer would shut itself off if your video card is overheating, but who knows, maybe it's causing this issue before it gets to the point where the system would shut down.

3. Unplug your computer, open up the case, unseat your card, blow off all the dust, seat it back in, make sure it's sitting nicely and secure. Make sure you put the screws so that it doesn't wobble. Double check power connectors.

4. If all fails, try either beta versions of newest drivers, or perhaps downgrade a few versions until you stop experiencing the issue.

If none of that helps... well you could try contacting the manufacturer of the card. Get a friend to lend you their card for some time and see if you have the same issue then. If not, then it could be either problems with your card itself, or compatibility between your card model, drivers, and DCS.

Hopefully it doesn't get to that point.

Determine if the Display driver is crashing

(Start Button, Type: Event Viewer, In the search box, Windows Logs, System

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Thanks SkateZilla. Next time it happens, I will check the event viewer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 2500k (OC 4.6 Liquid) / AsRock Z77Extreme / Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB OC / 16GB RAM / 250GB Crucial SSD / Win7 x64 / TrackIR 4 Pro (Wireless Mod) / Saitek X-45

Event Viewer Logs in the background of windows as long as the kernel is online. you dont have to wait for it to happen.

you can open event viewer and scroll down to the general time the problem last happened and it will tell you something along the lines of Display Driver Recovery.

I've had also pretty huge stutters, then recently, I've updated video drivers, and this was good moment to review video settings, so I've applied some idea recently read about. It was, to set prerender to two frames, enable tripple buffering, and in game to enable vsync in game. And there's no more stutter when I am flying single player, or as client. When I serve, then still there's some stutter, but not so heavy as before. Then I was advised, to limit terrain visiblity from max value 150km, to something about 70km, and it seems, that indeed, it was what did the trick.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

I saw stutter, and wondered if the game was applying it's own frame syncing even though it was disabled in game options. No matter if I ran adaptive, vysnc on; or use application setting, I still had 2-3 sec stutter freq.

I turned Nvidia control panel Vsync' from use application setting, to turn vsync 'off' . and now have smooth frames and no or minimal stutter. I only see screen tearing on my left monitor of three. but this doesn't both me; as I hardly pay attention to it.

I leave triple buffering on; preframe render 4. All visibility, preload, etc are maxed.

I use SoftTH; so I don't know if this played any part.

Edited by _Dredd

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.