No ILS/TACAN signal sounds?

isaac18

Just upgraded my DCS world and A-10C module to newest version, but I found that after I set the correct frequency and turn on the power of ILS/TACAN module, there is no signal sound any more(should be some Morse codes I suppose). However, the navigation signals are actually received, because the indicators on ADI and HSI are working quite good. I don't know the situation in the real world, if this is intentional or a bug, or maybe there's something wrong with my DCS world? Hope someone can tell me, thanks.

By the way, my english is poor, please ignore grammar mistakes(I'm sure there are lots of them)~

I experienced the same problem since the update. There's no ident signal anymore (the nav aid identifier in morse code). I only get a white noise when I get out of range of the tuned navaid.

Specs:

CPU Intel HexaCore i7-6850K @ 3.60GHz

GPU NVidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

RAM 32 GB DDR4 2933 HyperX Predator

Same here ILS audio not working

Edited by K2mil

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

As OP stated, ILS/TACAN is working, just no audio signal. If the ATC is sending you to a runway that doesn't have ILS (e.g. Kolkhi runway 27 in Dragon's Weaponstraining because of Wind) it won't work in my experience, even when you ignore ATC and land on runway 09.

Edited by Derbysieger

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

With me it's only the ident signals that aren't working. The signals that are steering the instrument needles are working fine. I didn't check the issue on other modules though...

Specs:

CPU Intel HexaCore i7-6850K @ 3.60GHz

GPU NVidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

RAM 32 GB DDR4 2933 HyperX Predator

As OP stated, ILS/TACAN is working, just no audio signal.

Yes, this is true. I should qualify my statement with the fact that I was able to track the tanker with the needles on TACAN... but as you said the audio didn't work.

In addition, I wasn't able to contact the tanker on the radio- but it sounds like this was a reported bug.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

• 9 years later...
14 minutes ago, Rosly said:

Seems this problem persist back to 2013. I have no audio morse code's on Tacan and ILS. Anybody can confirm or suggest what I'm doing wrong of this is actually working for you?

Haven't checked in a while, but I recall this being fixed almost a year ago.  You need to turn on the TACAN and ILS audio on the intercom panel, they default to OFF, so you need to either push them in or pull them out (I can't recall which way).

3 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

You need to turn on the TACAN and ILS audio on the intercom panel, they default to OFF, so you need to either push them in or pull them out (I can't recall which way).

Haha, same here. It's either a left click or a right click; whatever changes the state of the TACAN and ILS buttons on the INTERCOM panel, that's the correct one. 😄

I'm not aware of any current issues, but just to reiterate, the default was changed from always-audible to off-by-default, so older documentation might be outdated.

On 12/28/2022 at 7:19 PM, Yurgon said:

Haha, same here. It's either a left click or a right click; whatever changes the state of the TACAN and ILS buttons on the INTERCOM panel, that's the correct one. 😄

I'm not aware of any current issues, but just to reiterate, the default was changed from always-audible to off-by-default, so older documentation might be outdated.

It will be a right click to pop the ILS/TACAN volume knobs up and a left click to push them back in or off.  They default to off, so you will need to right click them to turn them on initially to hear.

I just tested the A10cii on a three of the maps caucasus, NTR, and Syria.  The 3 airports all transmitted both ILS/TACAN when I jumped in. So, it could be just be a fluke or switchology.  ED will most likely only help if you provide a track file if it happens again.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2022 at 6:19 PM, Yurgon said:

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one 😁