ATTENTION: any 3D modeller read this!

D-Scythe

Some of you might remember this:

apache3vd.jpg

This is Joao's AH-64D Longbow Apache. Unfortunately, he can't really finish it, and as a result, he was wondering if someone can finish it for him. I can even do the skinning, if that is required. So yeah, please PM me - it's really an awesome model, and it would be a shame to see it not in Lock On.

STUFF to do: damage modelling, possibly some LODs, extra details (increase poly count)

Thanks a lot Joao! :)

EDIT: Oh, btw, it's saved in 3D Studio Max format, using version 6.

sigzk5.jpg

I would if I had the skills and time. Have you tried posting this over at simhq.com, to gain some additional exposure?

It's really sad how the most desperately needed models for LOMAC seem to attract zero attention at all, while many people start working on their personal favourite plane which doesn't quite fit into the sim however :( Maybe ED should publish a list of models that would be most welcome to them, perhaps that would focus the community's talents a bit more.

• 7 months later...

D-Scythe: Do you still have Joao's permission to use this model in LOMAC? If so it might be time to give this another try, maybe somebody will pick up the model now that it no longer needs to be run past ED for approval.

To anyone interested: tools for converting the finished model to LOMAC's 3D model file-format can be found here: http://www.forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=18234

I believe new Apache model is already in works in ED's studio and will be included in 1.2 release.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• ED Team
I believe new Apache model is already in works in ED's studio...

Affirmative. "A" model is in progress. :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Affirmative. "A" model is in progress. :smilewink:

cool any other that are in progress? Since its about helos and ground object how about a scud launcher or something. Anything to boil the blood. Such as some of the object in this video

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=30&file=463&lang=en&PHPSESSID=3048d90f67bcec582e9e212f1cadc6bd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]