MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

Hi,

I have published FAQ on my website so if you like to know thing about DCSpanelsPro functionality. You can read them on my lumatek.sk website here.

Thanx

Best,

colo

Edited by colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

new client version of DCSpanelsPro 1.0.8 is out on Google Play

- bugfix (keysending from client)

No server (PC) changes required.

Best,

colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• 2 weeks later...

THIS IS NOT RELEASED YET - COMING SOON

Server version 1.2 and client version 1.0.9

is the most reworked version of DCSpanelsPro - most changes done under the hood:

- client connection as Android service (now you can change instruments by sliding on tablet without losing connection, even when you put client on background, connection is not lost)

- bidirectional server / client connection and signaling (increased connection stability and decreased data flow)

- graphic engine reworked on server part - now supports multithreading and transmits only visible instrument picture not all at once (maximum resolution of 400x400 for MFCDs is gone)

- precise timing of sending instruments picture (fixed FPS)

- keyboard binding not hardcoded (now you can change key bindings in simple text file for each instrument)

- fixed labels on server (width - length swapped)

- fixed port / own port definition on client part (now remembers port settings)

You can see potato quality video of tablets with this version here:

Pictures from MFCDs are transmitted at 520x520 resolution.

Left tablet is cheap 3Q < 70$ tablet running Android 4.0.3

Right tablet is Nexus 7 running Android 5.1.1

Best,

colo

• 1 month later...

Which Windows version do you have ?

Please note that only Windows 7 is supported

But anyway, just copy lumatek.lua file from DCSpanelsPro folder to

YOUR_DCS_WORLD_PATH\Config\MonitorSetup

YOUR DCS_WORLD_PATH is usually C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Colo,

Just recently reinstalled DCSPanelPro. I have the latest versions on both the client and server.

The screens work, but the keyboard inputs won't work. I have ran the lua files to import the keys into DCS but that isn't the problem.

It looks like the data is not being sent to the server when it comes to the keyboard input. I usually test this by pressing the buttons when my focus is on a text file and seeing if it'll write any letters/numbers on it.

Perhaps this is a Windows 10 issue? I can't see how it can be that but who knows.

Edited by kEnnY_m

Hey kEnnY_m,

can you try to open notepad in Windows (set focus to this notepad window) instead of game and see if letters appears (right OSB 18-20 can be tested and letter Q,I and U should appears in notepad)

If they appears then connection is OK and it is DCS config related.

If not - then can you turn Windows firewall off and try again ?

Server version 1.2 download here - and client version 1.2 (will take some time to show on Google Play)

DON'T UPGRADE TO THIS VERSION UNTIL YOU READ TEXT BELOW

THIS VERSION (SERVER AND CLIENT) IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH OLDER VERSIONS

It is the most reworked version of DCSpanelsPro, please be patient it will take some time to fix some bugs

• client connection as Android service (now you can change instruments by sliding on tablet without losing connection, even when you put client on background, connection is not lost)

• bidirectional server / client connection and signaling (increased connection stability and decreased data flow)

• graphic engine reworked on server part - now supports multithreading and transmits only visible instrument picture not all at once (maximum resolution of 400x400 for MFCDs is gone)

• precise timing of sending instruments picture (fixed FPS)

• fixed labels on server (width - length swapped)

• fixed port / own port definition on client part (now remembers port settings)

ALWAYS START SERVER FIRST, THEN CONNECT WITH ANDROID DEVICE,

LET IT SOME TIME TO SETTLE, IF THERE IS SOME LAG IT SHOULD IMPROVE AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES

IF YOU CHANGE SETTINGS ON ANDROID CLIENT, CLOSE SERVER, RESTART YOUR ANDROID DEVICE, START SERVER, THEN CONNECT ANDROID DEVICE AGAIN

If you use 1 Android device, just start server normally and slide between instruments (or touch back button and select instruments from menu)

If you use >2 devices start server in manual mode (press shift and click START) and:

• Android device 1 - setup port to 13267 - this device displays MFCDs only
  • Android device 2 - setup port to 13268 - this device displays right MFCD only (now device 1 displays left MFCD only)
  • Android device 3 - setup port to 13269 - this device will display CDU only

Server version is only compatible and tested on Windows 7, I don't have Win 8 or Win 10, but it works in manual mode with manual setup there.

Thank you !

Best,

colo

Edited by colo

Hey kEnnY_m,

can you try to open notepad in Windows (set focus to this notepad window) instead of game and see if letters appears (right OSB 18-20 can be tested and letter Q,I and U should appears in notepad)

If they appears then connection is OK and it is DCS config related.

If not - then can you turn Windows firewall off and try again ?

Problem was fixed when I used your updated version 1.2 for both client and server.

I can confirm that this works on Windows 10 Pro atm.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

here is some news:

- support for su-25T schkval will be added within 1 month (TV screen with clickable buttons for TV controlling) - currently in testing

- after that, server part will have graphical movable monitor configuration - just drag and drop instruments to monitors, no text config by user, support up to 4 monitors, no changes by user in graphics game settings tab required anymore

(currently in early testing)

Maybe you dont know - if you dont have 2nd monitor and you have GPU with free VGA or DVI-I port you can create dummy vga monitor without soldering for less than $5

Regarding using a dummy vga monitor, obviously we can't drag and drop instruments to the non-existent monitor, so is it just a matter of editing a text file to specify the co-ordinates on the "ghost" monitor where the MFCDs and CDU will draw?

I'm using two real monitors in a vertical arrangement connected to my ATI 6950 but presumably I can enable my onboard Intel GPU and connect a dummy adapter to that to use with DCSPanelsPro?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Hi,

no you will just drag instruments on virtual workspace which will be visible on your primary monitor. I.e. in your case you will see 2 squares (which represent your monitors) and another square which will represent your dummy monitor and and the bottom squares with possible instruments. You will just drag instrument to square representing your dummy monitor.

Maximum input from user will be setting of resolution on this squares on virtual workspace (in case of failded autodetection)

Regarding 2nd question: I am not sure if you can enable ATI GPU and onboard GPU simultaneously (on my MB it is not possible i can only switch between them)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

new version of client and sever 1.3 is out.

Added Su-25T Shkval instrument.

Please note that you must manually remap keys for Shkval or load (in DCSworld control options) profile "SU-25T.diff.lua" located in DOCS subfolder of server app

Keymapping are described in "Keymappings.pdf" file located in DOCS subfolder of server app

Shkval buttons are described in "ShkvalButtons.png" file located in DOCS subfolder of server app

Price changed to EUR 6.65 without VAT

Customers who already purchased DCSpanelsPro will have Shkval instrument automatically without rebuying

shkvalButtons.jpgshkvalButtons.png

shkvalButtons.jpg

Edited by colo

I have my 4th monitor attached to HDMI and thought could there be dummy plugs for it and went straight a way to ebay..and found them.

HDMI only dummyplug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161265341755

DVI+HDMI dummyplug

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DVI-DVI-D-HDMI-universal-dummy-plug-DDC-EDID-emulator-fake-display-headless-/161718045404?hash=item25a7258adc:g:xVAAAOSwyQtVy2Ug

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

It is not necessary to have 2nd monitor, but if you have only one, part of the screen will be used for instruments

Regarding dummy monitor - this is just guide - it should be safe, but do it on your own risk

Regarding config:

Please download new fixed server version 1.3.1 from http://www.lumatek.sk

and

1.png

1.png

Edited by colo