MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo -- I believe there is a Windows call specifically to get the actual path name of the "SavedGames" folder you seek, and it will return the string for the locale/language of the user's Windows.

Start with SHGetKnownFolderPath to get a CSIDL (a type of GUID) which you can use to access it language independently. Look at this maybe:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3795023/downloads-folder-not-special-enough/3795159#3795159

Edited by Bob Denny
Add URL to Stack Overflow article

colo -- I believe there is a Windows call specifically to get the actual path name of the "SavedGames" folder you seek, and it will return the string for the locale/language of the user's Windows.

Start with SHGetKnownFolderPath to get a CSIDL (a type of GUID) which you can use to access it language independently. Look at this maybe:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3795023/downloads-folder-not-special-enough/3795159#3795159

Thank you ! I will look on it and try to implement it

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Hi,

new version DCSpanelsPro server version 1.3.3 is out, you can download it here

• added support for DCS World 2.0 Alpha i.e. you can switch tabs between DCS World 1.5 and 2.0 Alpha, configurations are independent
  • small bugfixes
  • added button for restoring configuration (restores CDU_init.lua file, keybindings, removes lumatek monitor profile file and clears registry settings)

No changes on Android client - still most recent version is 1.3

As this is first version with DCS World 2.0 Alpha support all bugreports are welcome

Cheers,

Colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Hi there.

I am trying to configure the server but I don't see an option to Configure Monitors and Instruments.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

E.

PS; Ok, installed Java Runtime and got it to run.

Problem now is that it doesn't show the Lumatek monitor under monitors in Settings page.

I run 3 monitors for a total resolution of 5850x1080... should I change something there?

Edited by AstroEma

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Has anyone come up with a fix for the lag?

If you experience lag this is ussually wifi related, try to check ping from tablet to wifi router if ping is >10ms then it is a problem

You can also connect tablet to PC via cable if you are able to manage tcp/ip connection via cable ( application uses clean tcp ip connection so there is no rule that it must be over wifi )

There is also possibility that on some low end tablet it is not able to display pictures from network on time but i don't suppose that this is a problem on today hardware

Hi there.

Problem now is that it doesn't show the Lumatek monitor under monitors in Settings page.

I run 3 monitors for a total resolution of 5850x1080... should I change something there?

Hi

as decribed automatic configuration is only up to 2 monitors

If you write me your monitors resolutions i will prepare you monitor

profile which you will download or you can mail me your monitor profile which are you using to appsupport@lumatek.sk

• 3 weeks later...

Multi Monior (4) setup

Hi Colo.

Thanks for you hard work on this App. I have purchased the App but I am having some difficulty with the configuration for multi monitors.

I have:

4 monitors in total.

Monitor 1, 2 & 3 are resolution 1920x1080

Monitor 4 is 1280x1024

I want to use monitors 1, 2 & 3 for gameplay and Monitor 4 for L & R MFCDs and CDU

On monitor 4, I want left MFCD top left of the monitor, with the R MFCD & CDU stacked vertically underneath.

Can you advise on how to configure the lumatek lua monitor setup file? and the server settings for me?

I also need to know what resolution I should enter in the app (currently 5760x1080).

I have spent several hours now trying to work it out and I am at the point of giving up (which I don't want to do).

Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim.

-------------------------------------

Core i7-5930k 3.50GHz, Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 16GB, Asus X99-A, Strix 980GTi 6GB

• 2 months later...

Hey kEnnY_m,

- which version of DCS are you using 1.5 or Alpha 2.0 ?

- are you see right key mappings in game - options - controls ? (must

be mapped like described in pdf file which is located in DCSpanelsServer folder)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Colo,

I'm using DCS 1.5

I ran the diff.lua file from a while back. It seems to set the controls properly unless some of the keys have changed since.

I've opened up a notepad and started pressing the mfcd buttons on the tablet to see what comes out on the notepad, but they don't seem to be displaying the correct key strokes. I can get the display to show up on my tablet, just the buttons aren't mapped properly or is not being transmitted properly.

• 10 months later...

Hello colo.

I wanted to buy this, but I get this message from Goggle Play(GP):

Sorry! This content is not available in your country yet.

We're working to bring the content you love to more countries as quickly as possible.

Please check back again soon.

I am from Denmark and have been told by a GP staffmember, that the one who can change that is you.

My 2 Couger MFD's would like to get, the view from my 2 9" tablets behind them.

Respectfully yours

Dan

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

32GB DDR3 1600 Dual Channel

GeForce GTX 970 4GB

23,6”+32”+23,6 16/9 screens

CH Flightstick Pro, Modded TM T:16000m, Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant, G27, TH Cougar MFD's

Hi DanTDBV,

currently app sale is stopped,

I am waiting for DCS world merging (2.5) because debugging app for 3 versions (alpha,beta and "stable") is insane.

Thanx for understanding

• 1 year later...

Hi AesclepiusCrow,

yes - but there are still issues with instruments export in 2.5.2 version.

I have installed both stable and beta version, but despite that they are at the same version 2.5.2.19682, MFCD export works well in beta version, but not works in stable version.

I am working on several improvements in DCSpanelsPro:

- totaly reworked routines with faster instrument rendering

- auto discover of server, so it is very easy to connect from tablet to PC

I am also working on hardware instruments for A-10C MFCDs and Hornet MFDs:

- integrated lcd screen with HW buttons

- HDMI plug for picture and USB plug for buttons

- no power supply needed, it is powered from USB

- no special software needed just configure in DCS World

Here is photo of A-10C MFCD prototype, not polished, but fully working.

Best,

colo

IMG_20180801_091205058.thumb.jpg.5cf0408c977ec29c0bb5fb427a210228.jpg

When can we try out this in the beta version? Or when do you think you'll have the software or the hardware in that picture available?

Asus ROG Maximus X Hero MB

Intel i7-8700K 5.2 GHz delidded & lapped

Corsair H100i CPU watercooler

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2 80+ Platinum PSU

EVGA FTW3 watercooled GTX-1080Ti

32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM

Two Toshiba XG5 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD's

Various SSDs and HDDs, 24 terabytes

6 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans in push/pull on CPU and GPU radiators.

Windows 10 Pro 64, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog throttle and flight stick.

DCSpanelsPro software (i.e. for android tablets) will be available till end of August.

Hardware MFCD for A-10C till end of September.

Sounds like this has the potential to export the Hornet AMPCD to my tablet at very little cost . Can't wait ! Would love to have a viewable hsi alone without tying up a DDI , let alone one with a moving map as well .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

DCS panels Pro client will be available again on Google Play for 9 Eur on late August

Silly question, but those of us that bought it in the past will still have it right? We don't need to buy it again?

Sounds like this has the potential to export the Hornet AMPCD to my tablet at very little cost . Can't wait ! Would love to have a viewable hsi alone without tying up a DDI , let alone one with a moving map as well .

It was a fantastic app when DCS was still on a single trajectory. Honestly one of the best apps for using the Cougar MFDs. I have two old tablets I've saved for just this purpose and I'm super stoked to finally be able to have almost a full working cockpit. Thanks for all your hard work, Colo!