MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

Hello Colo,

Been using AInstruments for a while and have just started trying to transfer coordinates from F10 Map to JDAM in FA/18C. When I long press on tablet it says " map coordinates wrong". I have cycled through all of the coordinate settings and they all say the same thing. Any guidance or help you can give me would be appreciated. Using 4096X2130 for DCS world main screen and a 1920X1080 screen for exported instruments. Thanks

Asus G11CD I7-6700 3.4GHz, DDR4 32GB, GTX1660TI,1TB SSD, 55 inch Vizio 4K TV, Logitech X56 controllers, Logitech Rudder Pedals, TrackHat, DSD Series – FL2 Switch controller, Monect PC Remote, and AInstruments on Android tablets

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sobiratel,

you should have map coordinates visible on the most left monitor - i.e. when you switch to map view (F10) the coordinates should be in top left corner of the monitor which displays left part of your cockpit.

If it is not, you should tune mapx and mapy coordinates in config.txt

If you need more support, please send me email to appsupport@lumatek.sk with your debug.txt file attached.

Thank you !

Cheers,

colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Thanks for reply Colo. changed my vertical resolution from 2130 to 2160 and map coordinates now work in both wpt and JDAM. Thanks

Asus G11CD I7-6700 3.4GHz, DDR4 32GB, GTX1660TI,1TB SSD, 55 inch Vizio 4K TV, Logitech X56 controllers, Logitech Rudder Pedals, TrackHat, DSD Series – FL2 Switch controller, Monect PC Remote, and AInstruments on Android tablets

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I just purchased aInstruments today and have spent most of the day trying to get it all working. I'm impressed with it so far, but have run into an issue.

For me, the "Autodiscover" tablets is not finding either of my devices (an android tablet and an android phone). I'm running the tablet app first, then start aInstruments on the Windows computer.

I can connect each device manually, but only one will be connected at a time. I cannot get both devices to connect manually at the same time. When I click "Manual Connect," the T1 IP connects, while the T2 IP will not connect.

When I enter both IP's, select "Manual", and 2 tablets, the status box says both connected, but both clients say "Waiting for Connection"

If I select just one tablet and enter its IP, the tablet connects

If I then select 2 tables and add the T2IP, both tables show "waiting for connection" (even though status says the second tablet connected also)

It does the same thing if I reverse the order of my 2 devices.

Interesting that when I try to connect 2 devices, the Detected tablets box lists only T2, but with the IP for T1 after the T2 label.

aInstruments version 2.5 - 15122019

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

--Doug

Edited by Quietman2000

Hello,

thank you for purchasing aInstruments !

Sorry to hear that you have troubles.

Can you send me your debug.txt from desktop app to appsupport@lumatek.sk ?

Please look if your desktop PC have the same IP address range as your tablets, you can check it by:

- on desktop, open command prompt and type ipconfig and press enter

- on tablet/phone, after starting app just press back button on tablet and IP address will be displayed

If you are not satisfied with the product, you can refund automatically on Google Play within 48 hours. If you need more time for testing, just send me your purchase ID even after this period, and I will refund your purchase.

Thank you

colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

colo,

Thanks for the quick response. I've e-mailed you a few debug.txt files created under different connection attempts.

Windows IP Address: 192.168.0.104

Phone IP: 192.168.0.105

Tablet IP: 192.168.0.112

I'd really like to get this working, so I'm more than willing to work with you to figure this issue out, rather than request a refund.

Thanks,

Doug

Hello,

I've done quite a bit of searching and continue to have two other minor problems...

1) The F/A-18 UFC output is stretched in both my android displays. I've tried having the source be 600x600 and 600x480 (changing it in aInstruments as well). It changed the display's stretch, but still wasn't quite right. Is there a certain aspect ratio that it needs to be? For my monitor, I'd like to stick with a width of 600 pixels (or less). (see attached picture)

2) I can't get aInstruments to look at the correct part of the screen to see the F-18 AMPCD (CENTER_MFCD). It's like it's looking at a part of the screen I used in an earlier trial setup. The buttons control the AMPCD just fine. Am I missing a location where the screen coordinates for the AMPCD would be stored? (See below for what I've been updating)

I've updated the Users\XXXXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Config\MonitorSetup\aInstruments.lua to the correct screen coordinates. (I moved the .lue to the Saved Games location so it won't get overwritten with updates.) I've also checked to make sure aInstruments didn't create a new aInstruments.lua in Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup.

I've also updated the aInstruments25\App\config.txt to what should be the correct coordinates.

Attached are my aInstruments.lua and config.txt files. The android devices show the screen location at x=5640, y=880, even though it's set up as 5040, 1580 in those 2 files.

NOTE: The x value differs by 1200 pixels between the .lua and the config.txt. I have a 3 monitor setup and my left-most monitor is 1200 pixels wide. My main monitor and playscreen area start at 1200 pixels from the left.

Thanks,

--Doug

aInstruments.lua

config.txt

UFC_Display_Stretched.thumb.jpg.1cefb8649cbd9baf6ee325fd1de6717c.jpg

Edited by Quietman2000

Hello Doug,

once again thank you for you feedback.

There are several things which I will try to clarify:

- Monitor setup: DCS World looks for file aInstruments.lua and setup instruments output on your Desktop from this file

- aInstruments Desktop app sends images from monitor(s) using coordinates which you have setup in this desktop app and which are stored in config.txt - this has nothing in common with instrument(s) resolution on tablet. Instruments graphic templates are dynamically calculated on tablet only (i.e. its sizes and aspect ratios)

- it is reasonable to not go above 300x300 (400x400 depending on your desktop hardware) images resolution because you will be experience lags

Please note that sending instruments images in real time from PC to tablet with minimum lag is very different thing that video streaming like Youtube - because Youtube can use buffering. Instruments images cannot use buffering because lag is critical.

I am working on new version which will have several compression methods for image transferring - will be useful for people with newer hardware. Desktop app will be heavily reworked and published as natural Windows app without Java runtime requirement. Will have nice kneepad pages and categories, intelligent transfer, offline mode for SAMs and kneepad pages. There will be also more advanced settings for cockpit builders like UFC independent lines position setup on tablet, instrument size definition on tablets.

I will try to release till end of October (currently I am on painkillers after first knee surgery and waiting for 2nd, so currently I am not able to fully concentrate on development)

colo,

Thanks again for continuing to work with me. I hope all goes well with your surgeries and that you can get off the pain killers soon.

I now have the AMPCD working -- changing the resolution from 600x600 to 400x400 fixed it without any other changes. See the more detailed information below.

I still am having issues with the aspect or stretching of the UFD. Is there a width & height should I try for that?

AMPCD Details: As I paid more attention to the AMPCD screen, I noticed that it wasn't showing another gage in an old location, it just showed what was in the screen before I switched to the AMPCD. If I had the Left MFD active when I swiped "up" to switch to the AMPCD, it would show the old image from the MFD (not updating). Same thing would happen if the right MFD was displayed when I swiped to the AMPCD. It would show the image of the Right AMPCD without any updating. I didn't notice this because I was always swiping from the Left MFd where I have the stores screen (which doesn't change much).

When I went from 600x600 for the instruments to 400x400, the AMPCD worked! Could it have been a bandwidth issue for the color AMPCD display?

Thanks,

Doug

Hello Doug,

thank you !

I think that UFC scratch/not aligned issue is bug and in next version I will implement independent instrument placing and picture alignment with nostretch option.

You can try to "cheat" it by changing UFC resolution/aspect ratio on PC monitor, but I think that it will work only to some small extent.

Regarding AMPCD:

- yes if the resolution is too high, than the picture on tablet may freeze because tablet is unable to process image decompression in time

- there is also another problem - currently sending picture and control signals are implemented in one channel (will be revorked in next versions to 2 port communication - one for picture and second for signaling), so if you saturate network comm with higher resolution picture, signalling may stop work

colo