trim reset does not work

Raven434th

under control options I set up a command for trim reset which is recognized in the set up panel, but isn't recognized in the 3d world????? How can this be??:cry:

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Confirmed, it doesn't work for me either. Although to be fair it isn't much of an issue as the 3 bottom right hand lights on front indicator panel show when the planes roll, pitch and yaw trims are at neutral so it's quite easy to reset all 3 trims to neutral yourself. Agreed though, it's in the controls, so it should work.

Edited by Tetra

There is no reset trim in the 3d world.... or the real world for that matter.
I miss having it but if it aint realistic ...

EDIT: It kind of makes sense though. If you just zeroed all your trim settings at once, your plane would probably do some unpredictable stuff that may not be to the pilot's liking.

Edited by kontiuka

Then why in the hell would you confuse people by having it listed in the control menu????? ED you need to clean up what is valid and what is not in controls for the aircraft you build.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Then why in the hell would you confuse people by having it listed in the control menu????? ED you need to clean up what is valid and what is not in controls for the aircraft you build.
Well, yes, I agree. It did work at one point but now that it doesn't, it should be removed. All I can say is DCS is a WIP and these little things will get fixed eventually.

Well, also, I noticed something strange with my controls, only when I´m flying the Frog-A

My plane tends to roll to the right if I don´t hold my stick. It´s a real feature of the Su-25?

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Well, also, I noticed something strange with my controls, only when I´m flying the Frog-A

My plane tends to roll to the right if I don´t hold my stick. It´s a real feature of the Su-25?

Make sure your controller is calibrated.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I can confirm this roll to the right tendency. It's barely noticeable, so subtle that trimming the ailerons in the opposite direction by even one short hit of the "trim left" key/button would over compensate it. It's noticeable if you cruise over long distances like in those campaign missions. Frequent course adjustment is necessary.

My joysticks are well calibrated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can confirm this roll to the right tendency. It's barely noticeable, so subtle that trimming the ailerons in the opposite direction by even one short hit of the "trim left" key/button would over compensate it. It's noticeable if you cruise over long distances like in those campaign missions. Frequent course adjustment is necessary.

Add some dead zone to your joystick axis.

Just be sure to confirm this In-SIM. My Warthog was off-centre as illustrated with the axis-screen which necessitated calibration:

tFreBxJ.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
Hm? I see a perfectly centered axis there on that screenshot.

Screenshot taken after calibration.

Screenshot posted as an advisory to check on that specific options page/tab whether one's flight-stick is indeed properly calibrated for the SIM. Mine was slightly off-set to the left prior to said calibration.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Use the trim lights to see if you are trim-centered. /roll/pitch/yaw (left to right). When the lights are on, trim is neutral (reset)

Also Use the Controls indicator to see how your controls are working, and trimmed. (activate in game with RCTRL ENTER, yaw pitch is not displayed )

If you're testing for 'drift' make sure plane is balanced, and there's no wind. Also suggest you apply a bit of deadzone for the roll axis.

Office13_200.jpg

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Well I guess that's another button I can free up on my HOTAS :).

I do agree that they need to clean up the Su25a control list as there appear to be a few things in there that are exclusive to the 25T that they let you assign for the 25a.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Fish.......You have 3 monitors at 1920x1200, is that the native resolution for those? or you did some adjusting to them?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.