Lock on FC, is internet connection a must?

Hi,

I don't have a internet connection at home at the moment but would like to buy Lock On FC. I can download it at work so that is nut a problem. But is internet needed during the install??? Does starforce connect to a server to check your key? Or how does it work.

BOF

You dont need internet to instal or run the game. It is only required for online multiplayer. If you wish to do the standalone campaigns or edit missions you can do that perfectly from home.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

cool, sounds like a fun weekend. I have an internet connection at home, but pretty much play offline only (as far as FC goes).

Not that you asked for my input but I, too, have an X-52 and I think that the only thing left for you to get is trackIR. I am not kidding when I say that it is WAY worth the money. I bought a trackIR pro3 with vector expansion and have noticed an incredible amount of improvement and game enjoyment.

I know that they are expensive, but I think that they are worth the money. Wow, now I sound like a salesman... sorry.

kdittyr

I have an internet connection at home, but pretty much play offline only (as far as FC goes).

Ahh, your missing alot m8! If your not afraid to loose its realy a good entertainment. Some people dont because they think they dont have enough talent and might get spanked. Unfortunatly there are alot of noobs online that dont know even to tell frind from foe. If you donne much solo play already theres nothing stopping you from having a good time. FC 1.11 is rock stable in multiplay (much more than 1.02 was), plus human oponents are so much fun to deal with.

My PC specs below:

Ahh, your missing alot m8! If your not afraid to loose its realy a good entertainment. Some people dont because they think they dont have enough talent and might get spanked. Unfortunatly there are alot of noobs online that dont know even to tell frind from foe...

Also,some people think that "Hyperlobby" flying is nothing but a "deathmatch" which kills the Lomac atmoshpere and realism.So they only play squadron flights and well made single player missions.

My suggestion is,try Hyperlobby for a while;then jump on a good squadron and enjoy the coop missions :)

No, thats only true if you choose automatic mode. You can choose manual mode for an internet'less PC.

My PC specs below: