ED please give us immersive stuff like this.

check the video ironhand posted from old flanker 2 days.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=150743&postcount=23

honestly ED....If you made a game that looked like that and was dynamic like that... I will buy it right now.

wow..that was great.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Its apparently a render for the flanker 2 videos. That is NOT in-game. The cockpit model is undetailed but.....hey :)....THe flanker model looks ages better :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

It's the same Flanker 3D model that was used in Flanker2 and that we still have now, it just looks better because of the shading used (Phong instead of Gouraud).

But sure, some more "immersion-enhanced" features would always be welcome ;)

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

Shadows are linear and not pixelated as lomac.. why newer sim hasn't got those nice shadows? It looks so nice! and sound nice too...

Because those videos were rendered with a program like Maya or 3DSMax, and not in a realtime 3D engine. This is simply no in-game graphics, just "animated concept art" :)

I've never had Flanker? in few words may someone please give me a description of it?

Thanx!!!!

It's quite similar to Lock On but without the Su25, A-10 or F-15; instead a flyable MiG-29K in the Flanker2.5 version; much worse graphics, less realistic avionics (including a "fake-ground radar" and extensive AG-weaponry that never saw service with these planes) and the Crimean peninsula as the only part of the map modeled in detail.

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

Excellent idea! Never seen this in a sim, not quite usefull, but could be fun.

Let BS be the first simulation to make us pilots.

Ie when don't enter the simulation right in the plane, but outside of it, simply by having a camera moving around at ground level that we can control at human speed, and making a soldier/pilot model move around with us (seeing last BS screens, we will have soldiers models!) exactly like in this video at start. We start mission by actually entering the plane.

And..

Mission do not end when plane stops or crash or pilot bails. We're still pilots, alive, somewhere, if we want. Bailed? fine, you can still stay there as soldier (ie a moving camera with pilot persona) after you land, and watch action from the ground. Landed? Stop you engines, open canopy, get out of plane, and walk to the mess!

That would be so awesome! :P That'd be innovation!

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Excellent idea! Never seen this in a sim, not quite usefull, but could be fun.

Let BS be the first simulation to make us pilots.

Ie when don't enter the simulation right in the plane, but outside of it, simply by having a camera moving around at ground level that we can control at human speed, and making a soldier/pilot model move around with us (seeing last BS screens, we will have soldiers models!) exactly like in this video at start. We start mission by actually entering the plane.

And..

Mission do not end when plane stops or crash or pilot bails. We're still pilots, alive, somewhere, if we want. Bailed? fine, you can still stay there as soldier (ie a moving camera with pilot persona) after you land, and watch action from the ground. Landed? Stop you engines, open canopy, get out of plane, and walk to the mess!

That would be so awesome! :P That'd be innovation!

Battlefield 2.

13900KF NVD4090 32RAM G2

just imagine......at the start of a mission. In a fixed First person view..you can see the pilot walking towards the jet and climb up the ladder and sit in the plane..and then .."u have control". in the meanwhile....other planes are being towed away...and tower tells us the runway strip is busy....clearing us as soon as the plane is gone. then we do the regular detailed spoolups and head off. the tower gives us detailed instructions and says "FLight XX....u r cleared for takeoff! Good luck""

u are taking off and can see fuel being loaded on other planes etc..

mmmm,,,,that is immersion. :)

• ED Team

Lol, yeah, i remember that game. Was kinda cool feature, walk around and shoot :D

That game was created in norway too, wow.. :icon_supe

And a reply to some post above, YES, BF 2 is a hella fun :icon_supe

Yes Flanker 2.5 has 2 very detailed lead in clips before you enter the game....

Just as Caretaker said this clips are very cartoon like and emulate Lock on but even on a higher scale.....

I still fly the Flanker series 2 and 2.5 and have them installed on my older system (Windows ME) because of the conflicts that it has with the XP operating system......

I'd post the clips for you guys if I could figure out how and if I allso had enough band width to support the downloads which I don't.....

If someone else could do this it would be awsome as they really are worth viewing by all of the present community......

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I'm going to PM Ironhand regarding the method he used to copy the clips to to file....

I'll certanily contact you Rugg just as soon as I figure it all out.......

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR