Looking to build a server

Requirements right now are heavier on internet connectivity and RAM. Generally speed is preferred over number of cores (DCSW only uses 2 anyway). Internet usage is about 1.5mps uploading per user on a mission with about 100-150 AI units.

Quad core processor at 3.5ghz or more minimum (+4ghz preferred), 64 bit OS, at LEAST 8GB of RAM and a very small video card- just enough to generate the menu. (3d rendering is turned off anyway).

DCSW is free. Team viewer is free (no peripherals / monitor required).

As for what that costs... if you have that already then nothing- but the cost for this kind of system on the used market... 3-500 dollars plus a little overclocking knowledge.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Requirements right now are heavier on internet connectivity and RAM. Generally speed is preferred over number of cores (DCSW only uses 2 anyway). Internet usage is about 1.5mps uploading per user on a mission with about 100-150 AI units.

Quad core processor at 3.5ghz or more minimum (+4ghz preferred), 64 bit OS, at LEAST 8GB of RAM and a very small video card- just enough to generate the menu. (3d rendering is turned off anyway).

DCSW is free. Team viewer is free (no peripherals / monitor required).

As for what that costs... if you have that already than nothing- but the cost for this kind of system on the used market... 3-500 dollars plus a little overclocking knowledge.

How do you disable 3d when hosting?

The old way to do it was to go into the graphics.cfg file (with notepad++) and go down about 2/3rds the way down the page until you see "render 3d: true" and change it to false.

Now you can set up a different file in the saved games DCS config folder so that the setting doesn't return to true after every repair or update.

What I did to create the .cfg file was I took an existing .cfg file and copied it, then renamed the original... pasted it... and then renamed it autoexec.cfg. I then went in and inputted values like this:

Example autoexec.cfg:

options.graphics.maxfps = 30

options.graphics.render3D = false

options.graphics.ScreenshotQuality = 75

(examples)

Edited by ENO
  • Like 1

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

The old way to do it was to go into the graphics.cfg file (with notepad++) and go down about 2/3rds the way down the page until you see "render 3d: true" and change it to false.

Now you can set up a different file in the saved games DCS config folder so that the setting doesn't return to true after every repair or update.

What I did to create the .cfg file was I took an existing .cfg file and copied it, then renamed the original... pasted it... and then renamed it autoexec.cfg. I then went in and inputted values like this:

Example autoexec.cfg:

options.graphics.maxfps = 30

options.graphics.render3D = false

options.graphics.ScreenshotQuality = 75

(examples)

Thanks ill give that a shot!