Tornado:Precision Strike (Movie)

When i import my captured fraps footage into vegas, there is never any sound on the clips, i add the sounds myself. This task isn't very fun, as you said, but it gives you more control, and it also sounds waay better than what you hear in-game.

I'm increasingly aware that sound is what makes the difference between a good movie and a great movie. If captured properly I think LOMAC's sound is good enough, especially if using Zzzspace's/Archer's mod. But the problem is capturing it well in the first place, especially when using zoomed modes where the camera's a long way away even if it looks close to the subject.

I guess that means there's no substitute for post-processing. :-/

Hey Andrew, if you want me to, i could supply you with many many effects i have stashed on my computer, from weather effects, jets, tanks, choppers, explosions, etc...

That's a very kind offer GA, but it'll be a while before I make another one, so I'm going to try to think of another way around this problem. It might be possible to record paired tracks to capture video on one track, and sound on the other (with altered camera distances and angles to make sure the sound engine is able to pick up sounds which match). That might be a bit complicated to set up, but the sound captured will at least be authentic.

I do still like the idea of producing movies which show off ED's work as it *is*, rather than how we'd like it to be. But as you point out...

Well, change is good, isn't it? ;)

...so who knows what might happen in the future! Having said that, us old folk don't like change much. ;-)

Andrew McP

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone's interested in seeing the (1.1) mission used for the core of this movie, it's here...

http://www.andrew.mcp.dsl.pipex.com/mcp_tdo.zip

I can't guarantee it will work 100%, because it plays back slightly differently every time (especially if you fast forward through part of it). When it was a 1.02 mission and I could test it on both my PCs, it would often fly *very* differently on the second PC because of the accurate timing needed to get the Tornados to cross over without spooking each other.

Anyway, it's probably not going to interest many of you, but it allows you to see the action without the Jerk-o-vision. :-)

Andrew McP