Positive & Negative 'Airfoil'

Kalli

Eagle Dynamics both with the DCS and FC series has made wonderful progress over the years. In particular the new basis for Worlds and the various platforms offered however there is one issue still remaining which I consider one which maybe considered by some as eye candy, however it is the barrier between static and dynamic visual effects. It is vital in closing the gap between fiction and reality and that is the Airfoil Positive and Negative 'G' effect which is absent from DCS & FC.

Without these visual affects the aircraft movement do not look real or lifelike at all.

The A10C during beta testing has some and I thought this was a good start, what happened and why was it decided to eliminate this element???

Would be nice to know.

you will see from this video that Airfoil is needed to further enhance the realism of the aircraft in high positive and negative 'G'

Have a look at any ARMA fixed wing video and you will see that they have Airfoil nicely represented. Why cant ED and DCS do this?

Take a look at around 0:24 onwards for a good example of what he is talking about (I think):

xOyRSTctlZ8

Game is Aerofly.

Alternatively (0:36 onwards):

kjphcHahY-s

Edited by Flying Penguin

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Confused also. Arma's aircraft don't have any visual effects that DCS aircraft don't also have. Arma has less, actually.

Wing flex | Arma: N | DCS: N

Wingtip contrails | Arma: N | DCS: Y

Fuselage condensation vapor | Arma: N | DCS: N

Afterburner rings | Arma: N | DCS: Y

Et cetera ... DCS is missing quite a few of the visual effects that real aircraft experience under various conditions, particularly ones related to G-loading; however, every one of these effects that DCS is missing, is also missing in Arma, so I don't know what the O.P. is referring to.

Edited by Echo38

ED usually don't resort do dirty fixes. For a proper representation of vapour effects, the athmospheric model would have to be more sophisticated. Baking it in to happen at a certain g-load (or speed in case of the PG-singularity) would make it happen under some very unrealistic circumstances.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

HEHEHE, he means wing flexing indeed :D By the way the aircraft don't make much negative G's so wing would not flex like on that Youtube video and pilots don't fly doing negative G's (minimal anyway as you can't fight the blood rushing into your head) and use positive G to fly all the time ;)

No longer active in DCS...

• 2 weeks later...