Monthly Newsletter Updates Discussion

SkateZilla

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that Exhaust Screen looks a lil too good to be ...

Are these Effects being Put Directly into EDGE or they coming to the current engine first?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Back when you invented the internet? :)

I didnt invent the internet... Im working on The Grid though...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey45 viewpost.gif

IMO they should just pull out altogether until the make a new one..

+1000

That is the most sensible thing I have heard relating to the ATC. :thumbup:

Agree! A very good ATC/Comms system is one of the important aspects of the sim for me. And especially that it works...

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He did mention they are working on an update for 1.2.5...

That was already a given.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That's awesome. The basic cockpit is kinda what's been keeping me from getting excited enough about the T-Toad to learn it.

For some reason it's the smoke trails that have me the most excited. Anything that makes aircraft easier to see, and lets units "dirty" the environment. I wanna see the smoke and dust kicked up by battle really linger in the area.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Mi-8MTV2 +1.2.6=Awesomeness:thumbup:

Thanks for the update and this Great News!! Cheers

While I do agree, I find that the Huey should come out of beta before releasing another beta helicopter from the same developers.

The Huey is quite good as it is, but the last bit´s and features really should be finished first.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

nice, I'm impressed at the way their turning out products faster then the fast movers eh?! lol

:thumbup::pilotfly:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Phantoms and smoke trails, they really do go hand in hand;

Funny how these threads every week start off with speculation on what will be announced than transition to complaining about whatever is announced. I'm surprised the announcements continue since all it leads to is complaining every week.

Relax, its tradition around these parts. And traditions should not be broken.:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Badonkadonk: For dragging your tail on the runway on takeoff.

Wing and a prayer: For successful RTB minus one wing.

Just a couple that come to mind.

SPAMRAAM for... well its self explanatory

also cant wait for the su-25t 6DOF

Belsimtek - 2

Other ED Partners - 0

Hmmmmm

Funny how these threads every week start off with speculation on what will be announced than transition to complaining about whatever is announced. I'm surprised the announcements continue since all it leads to is complaining every week.

Members have different opinions on whats important to do with the sim. There are members which want a new plane more than anything. If you only want that then i guess your PC's performance is NEVER a topic. Adding smoketrails is a damn good idea in my opinion, but isnt it ironic that at the same time some members are removing their smoke effects alltogether to get out of their slideshow. I am all for most ofl ED's idea's so far as long as i can get a decent minimum performance after a few tweaks. But if many start complaining about major issues with that on optimized high end systems then ED better start helping out a little more than saying get a GTX-560 and you'll have a great time. When performance dips below a certain level i'm just gonna call it a day of buying more additions and just unpack my last acceptable zip. There are important things addressed lately which i defintately hope gets fixed soon, but perfomance is top priority no matter what at all times! This is not a complaint its just that i dare voice how i look at it.

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A total of fifty-thee fans were pistol whipped when a video game producer called, I think, Wagsday? woke up one Friday to find them in his living room. "Wellll...they had that anticipated look on 'em and seeing how it's Friday the thirteen,so, I got out my pistola and butt whipped them all up. Man, bodies were flying and strewn all over my house. LOL" :D

Seriously, my guess is he'll talk about the up coming engine smoke and some good news from Belsimtek coming in patch 1.2.6.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Very true...

But I think it is relevant when customers rather see bugs being fixed than getting more beta content.

The KA-50 has some issues that doesn´t seem to be fixed. We had quite a few updates with no fixes to the KA-50. WHile bugs are being fixed, new ones are getting introduced at the same time, though to some degree thats natural in software developement. I just find that the number of bugs rarely changes, it rather shifts.

Regarding the Belsim UH-1 and the MI-18, I know that some of their developers probably doesn´t have bugs within their scope of work, but as a customer I rather prefer to see the UH-1 being finished before installing another beta. From the customer point, progress on the UH-1 doesn´t seem that fast.'

That said, I´m still happy about the weekly updates and also a big fan of DCS world and it´s modules, but as a customer It also find it fair that we are allowed to express our concerns.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Smoke behind engines...

lol.

Finaly Someone in ED noticed it!!! ;)

1901222.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It would be great to have once a year release called for example 1.2.5 BF (bug free) that is rock stable in SP and MP so that everyone can play the DCS without any problems and let the ED continue to add features in other releases a betas although i think its technically impossible because of 3rd party modules.

The problem is that DCS is dynamic environment and every new release brings something new to the modules.

Of course that it must be possible to revert back to this BF version.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit