Q for DCS script experts

xracer

I was wondering about how variables are treated in DCS when it comes to their scope or accessibility.

Let say i have 2 or more triggerzones. In the first if i set a variable (global?) using LUA PREDICATE. Can i then access that variable and its current value in the next trigger also using the LUA PREDICATE? If not is there any oither way to deal with situation? I want to get the groupname from any group entering certain triggers and transfer the names so i can use them in a last trigger.

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you create a global variable in a lua predicate, or any other scripting area, it will be globally accessible to other areas of mission scripting.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

If you create a global variable in a lua predicate, or any other scripting area, it will be globally accessible to other areas of mission scripting.

Thanks very much for the info!

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]