more?

leroy1964

..and what exactly do you mean?!

I can understand his thoughts. And yes, if he means combat capabilities he is right, of course.

1) Huey was not designed as a bada§§ battle gunship, it is a utility choppa

2) Huey design is MUCH older than C-Hog or Черная Акула

But if you want to talk about the level of simulation, they are totally on par at least :thumbup:

...the only thing I can't understand is the purpose of this thread

Edited by Suchacz

Hmmm..I hope he will not be dissapointed with the MI-8...this Helicopter also doesn`t have fancy Electronics like MFDs, Data Link Systems or Laser Sensors:)

Real pilots don't need them :P

...and few of us even don't necessarily need galons of blood on our hands and tons of scrapped tincans left behind on the battlefield. I just love the the pure joy of sim flight as real as it can be :D

• Like 1

...and few of us even don't necessarily need galons of blood on our hands and tons of scrapped tincans left behind on the battlefield. I just love the the pure joy of sim flight as real as it can be :D

+1

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I think the hit box could do with a tweak take some hits from small arms fire and you've lost radios compass adi ias flexi sight and control of guns just from a couple of enemy rounds.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Agreed, my friend! I'd happily buy any helo simulated on this level even if it had no guns at all. The rewarding feeling of taming that beast and moving from uncontrollable crashing to something that can be called a stable hover or precision landing is satisfying enough as it is.

I remember the joy of flying Ka-50, and to be honest, I'm a little sad that I don't fly it as much as I want because of the Huey. I mean, Ka-50 is still my all-time favorite, but after trying the Huey (although I don't like this ugly helo just a bit), the Shark just doesn't feel challenging enough.

And in (hopefully) short time, I won't touch the Huey because of Mi-8. But that's life I guess. :)

More in the way of era appropriate missions would be welcome. Plunking the Huey down amongst modern enemy aircraft and AAA gets a bit discouraging

Haha..yeah..that is what I thought about the P-51...I mean..nice to fly and so on, but what to do against a SA-11 or Stuff like that:lol:

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Yeah... I'll be flying along minding my own business and suddenly I have no tail boom and my aerodynamics have taken a rapid turn for the worse.... oh well ?

Airspeed too fast? I don't have the Huey (yet), but what I think is that you are either stressing your turns or you are flying at a high speed.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Airspeed too fast? I don't have the Huey (yet), but what I think is that you are either stressing your turns or you are flying at a high speed.

He is referring to battle damage not pilot induced stress damage.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

..More in the way of era appropriate missions would be welcome. Plunking the Huey down amongst modern enemy aircraft and AAA gets a bit discouraging

"The ZU-23-2 was developed in the late 1950s. It was designed to engage low-flying targets at a range of 2.5 km as well as armoured vehicles at a range of 2 km and for direct defense of troops and strategic locations against air assault usually conducted by helicopters and low-flying airplanes"

"The Bell UH-1 Iroquois ... was developed by Bell Helicopter to meet the United States Army's requirement for a medical evacuation and utility helicopter in 1952, and first flew on 20 October 1956"

UH-1H & ZU-23-2 are perfect stable mates :)

Cheers.

This is what I mean

..and what exactly do you mean?!

Lets see, the Huey is well known for Vietnam and well they could have based this sim around that war. For example I am sure they could have made missions which could range from hot LZ extration, troop drop offs, fire base support, just getting a better feel for the Huey in that atmosphere. With that certain music could have been incorporated for that time (60's and 70's) which would have added much more feel to the game.

Larger campaign than one single UN campaign. I mean we are talking about the Huey are we not?

Graphics could have been better, jungle, low lying clouds, mist of the jungle canopy etc etc. I have been in the Huey many times whilst in the ARA and I know what it is like to be in the back skimming over the trees and morning mist and what an amazing feeling it was, it never got old. I just feel they could have made more of an environment for this classic chopper.

Text is never great at getting a point across,:( I wasn't bagging the game, just felt it needed more as a few training missions, a few select single missions (three wasn't it?) and one UN campaign. Hardly exciting stuff.

As this is a beta version I am still hoping they bring more to the table than this, but wait one, they still have my money don't they? :doh:

My view is I bet London to a brick, what you have is what your only going to get (hey call me cynical in my old age).:cry:

Surely others can see what I am trying to say, if I just wanted to fly around and do nothing else I would have bought Microsoft flight simulator. Sadly I think that has more environment than Huey.

Lastly before you all bag me for just wanting more, think Vietnam and all that atmosphere and battles, imagine having a mission where you have to pick up wounded from the battle field. Imagine flying in, with the jungle canopy just below you, tracers firing at you, red smoke, the noise etc. Surely they could have given us this?

Well I hope that answers the question, what do you mean. I bet all of us that love the Huey know what I am trying to say and ultimately after much more with this sim.

Cheers all. :thumbup:

Leroy1964,

FWIW, I too desire more immersive campaigns and missions for the Huey. Regarding the Vietnam experience, BBall did an outstanding job in capturing at least a sliver of the Huey in operation in Nam in his video (see http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109084&highlight=bball

But the immersion factors we long for, particularly those that are graphically oriented, are either 1) outside the capability of the sim's graphic engine, at least at this point, and/or 2) require hours of mission development work (ala BBall's effort) to produce. Something that the development team is not going to fund or spend time on unless there's a revenue stream at the end of the effort.

I suppose one could build missions using the current inventory of objects and scenery in the game that would approach hot LZ landings or medivacs. There may even be terrain in the game that would simulate at least a heavily wooded environment. But Vietnam? I don't think so.

I think we'll just have to hope for an enterprising mission builder who shares our desire for "true" immersion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Thanks for the expanded response leroy1964. I think what you describe is something all us Huey fans can relate to and hope for. The graphics at least in the current DCS world might be a limiting factor but there is certainly talent out there in the current crop of mission designers so I think we will be seeing more that gives a bit of that "Nam" feeling as time goes on maybe just not in a tropical jungle setting. Just keep the damn Migs out of the trees and off my butt thankyou.....

Larger campaign than one single UN campaign. I mean we are talking about the Huey are we not?

This Huey UN campaign is the best of all DCS modules up to date. Belsimtek did an outstanding job on this. I wished the P-51 would have gotten something similar.

Not to say I wouldn't want more of the same, but I feel Belsimtek have delivered for the price they are asking.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I'd love to hear they were developing a new 'world'

Belsimtek is to my knowledge a small company with limited resources. What do you think would happen if they, say, iced both the Huey & Mi-8 now and concentrated on this instead? Would this be a wise business decision IYO? And how much would you pay for the resulting maps, or should they perhaps give this content away for free?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Haha..yeah..that is what I thought about the P-51...I mean..nice to fly and so on, but what to do against a SA-11 or Stuff like that:lol:

I can answer that one for you. I thought that missile cruiser was further out:(

e9j22e.jpg

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

I'd pay a hell of a lot more for a new terrain than i would a 3rd chopper. There are many airframes in development but only one map. (or maybe 2)

Actually, there might be a few more (some not announced yet), but all are on hold until EDGE. I don't know how far they are from completion, or how long it will take to see them done once EDGE and it's terrain-making utilities are released.

Leroy1964,

FWIW, I too desire more immersive campaigns and missions for the Huey. Regarding the Vietnam experience, BBall did an outstanding job in capturing at least a sliver of the Huey in operation in Nam in his video (see http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109084&highlight=bball

But the immersion factors we long for, particularly those that are graphically oriented, are either 1) outside the capability of the sim's graphic engine, at least at this point, and/or 2) require hours of mission development work (ala BBall's effort) to produce. Something that the development team is not going to fund or spend time on unless there's a revenue stream at the end of the effort.

I suppose one could build missions using the current inventory of objects and scenery in the game that would approach hot LZ landings or medivacs. There may even be terrain in the game that would simulate at least a heavily wooded environment. But Vietnam? I don't think so.

I think we'll just have to hope for an enterprising mission builder who shares our desire for "true" immersion.

Hey guys,

As a mission builder/videographer, I actually feel leroy 1964's "pain" rather acutely. And trust me, I love the UH-1H from the boys at Belsimtek (and DCS in general).

(BTW...thank you jjohnson241 for the kind words regarding my video. If anyone might be interested, here's the link to my latest work. It's from a mission called "A Bad Day For Charlie" that we at the 229th were flying last weekend.

I call it, "A Day In The Life Of An Air Cav Slick Pilot"...hope you enjoy it.)

Saying the Huey is "iconic" in the world of rotary winged aviation, is like saying that Dolly Parton has big boobs! "Ya think?" LOL... And I offer that when most of us think of the UH-1, we think of Vietnam, the 60's, and possibly our childhood (for some of us at least).

As a mission builder, I have 100s of ideas of what I would like to do with the Huey....but...and it's a rather large "but"....the map we have available is limited. For my "Lam Son 719" video (and mission), I literally fired up a Huey, flew it around at X4 speed (on the autopilot of course) simply looking over the terrain in an attempt to find something I could work with. It's not a jungle (obviously), but it's remote, hilly, has open areas (LZs), and the like. It took quite a long time to find the areas that I used. In the end it worked, but watching the Huey's flying over (western looking) towns while simulating Vietnam was a bit painful. In the end, in the video, I simply tried not to use many scenes that showed towns, factories, etc....

I would dearly love a "jungle map", complete with a "delta area", S.E. asian looking villages and cities, and (of course) machines like the Phantom, A-1, etc...

Maybe someday....right?

Have a great day all,

BBall

Hey guys,

As a mission builder/videographer, I actually feel leroy 1964's "pain" rather acutely. And trust me, I love the UH-1H from the boys at Belsimtek (and DCS in general).

(BTW...thank you jjohnson241 for the kind words regarding my video. If anyone might be interested, here's the link to my latest work. It's from a mission called "A Bad Day For Charlie" that we at the 229th were flying last weekend.

I call it, "A Day In The Life Of An Air Cav Slick Pilot"...hope you enjoy it.)

Saying the Huey is "iconic" in the world of rotary winged aviation, is like saying that Dolly Parton has big boobs! "Ya think?" LOL... And I offer that when most of us think of the UH-1, we think of Vietnam, the 60's, and possibly our childhood (for some of us at least).

As a mission builder, I have 100s of ideas of what I would like to do with the Huey....but...and it's a rather large "but"....the map we have available is limited. For my "Lam Son 719" video (and mission), I literally fired up a Huey, flew it around at X4 speed (on the autopilot of course) simply looking over the terrain in an attempt to find something I could work with. It's not a jungle (obviously), but it's remote, hilly, has open areas (LZs), and the like. It took quite a long time to find the areas that I used. In the end it worked, but watching the Huey's flying over (western looking) towns while simulating Vietnam was a bit painful. In the end, in the video, I simply tried not to use many scenes that showed towns, factories, etc....

I would dearly love a "jungle map", complete with a "delta area", S.E. asian looking villages and cities, and (of course) machines like the Phantom, A-1, etc...

Maybe someday....right?

Have a great day all,

BBall

Thanks for the video's mate, top notch. :thumbup: