How to disable F5 view in MP?

horus0129

Hi guys, I need some help.

F5 external view can't be disabled!!

I mean, enforcing 'disable F5 view' for all players in MP mission.

'No external view' option in the editor only works for F2 view, but not for F5 view.

If the player set F5 Nearest AC View Allow option checked in his own game options, he can see any nearest AC no matter how the external view is set mission internally.

Have been searching some threads in this forum for the clues, but nothing works...

As you know, it's obviously a realism breaker.

I don't like this option, and many other players either, so want to completely disable it for my missions.

So, how to enforce 'no F5 view' for all players in MP?

Or is it a known bug?

No bug buddy....

You as the creator of the mission need to go into your Single Player Options.... then make sure you have unselected F5 view and external view from your options (look through menu's).

The reason why you see them just now is because it is probably checked to allow this, so when you save any mission your making it remembers these settings and incorporates them into your mission online!

So remember even though you set it in the mission editor, you always need to make sure disable externals is selected from your single player options as the host/creator of any mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;1856386']No bug buddy....

You as the creator of the mission need to go into your Single Player Options.... then make sure you have unselected F5 view and external view from your options (look through menu's).

The reason why you see them just now is because it is probably checked to allow this, so when you save any mission your making it remembers these settings and incorporates them into your mission online!

So remember even though you set it in the mission editor, you always need to make sure disable externals is selected from your single player options as the host/creator of any mission.

Thanks maverick! It seems working!

But I still don't know why ED didn't put F5 view option selecter in ME.

horus,

Glad you brought this up,,, again.

It really doesn't make much sense, does it. May I suggest that this F5 enable/disable be a mission option in the ME. Then this wouldn't have to be explained,,, again.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

It really doesn't make much sense, does it. May I suggest that this F5 enable/disable be a mission option in the ME. Then this wouldn't have to be explained,,, again.

As it was already pointed out...

Try enforcing padlock off in the mission

Padlock is the "F5" view and its been in there for quite a while now.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

But I still don't know why ED didn't put F5 view option selecter in ME.

^^^ This.

Versus this -

;1856386']No bug buddy....

---

99% of my missions have Padlock Off but F5 still works.

WC

Edited by Wrecking Crew

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.