Using Adobe Flash Player in 2013

Bucic

java still has a role but mobility has put a bullet into flash hardcore..

my developers despise flash.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

So I shouldn't update flash player anymore?

No, no, no, this is not what you should do. As a normal user i.e. not a web developer you can only influence the situation by choosing services that utilize HTML5 and open standards in general. If you're having a website made for your company, for example, you may also insist on it being done in pure HTML5, without Flash. You can also enable a HTML5 video preference on video streaming websites you use. For youtube it's easy http://www.youtube.com/html5 I have no idea how to enable HTML5 video on Vimeo though. Maybe someone will chime in to tell us. Netflix has already switched to HTML5 video by default, AFAIK...

Hopefully Java will go the way of the dinosaur as well.

Most professional programmers will tell you Java is just fine, that it performs well and that a Java program will perform bad only if badly written. Well, simple user's experience tell a different story. Java applications tend to be hogs. I have no opinion on the matter, but tend to judge Java by the Java apps I

ve stumbled upon, not by its theoretical potential.

java still has a role but mobility has put a bullet into flash hardcore..

my developers despise flash.

Mobility only showed that the king is naked. Flash sucked always and everywhere. It was only thanks to relatively high computational power of home PCs that users usually didn't notice that there's something wrong with Flash.

Long story short, even putting discussion on Flash disadvantages, making a website in 2013 employing Adobe Flash is laughable and that's that.

• 5 weeks later...