1. 1. Next DCS (European) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

• Alpha Jet
    • Eurofighter Typhoon
    • Harrier
    • Dassault Rafale
    • English Electric Lightning
    • Tornado
    • F 104 Starfighter
    • The Saab Family - Draken. Gripen, Lansen, Viggen... (Post specific)
    • The Mirage Family - M4000, F-1, III, IV... (Post Specific)
    • Other - write below

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Tis a mixed bag, this poll.

You have Eurofighter, Harrier, Mirage F-1 and Viggen in development by third parties.

Rafale, Gripen C/D, Tornado - still operational, a lot of systems are classified. Although Eurofighter is as well, and yet it's being developed.

I'd pass on AlphaJet, we have more than enough trainers.

M4000 - never operational.

Therefore my preferences (from the list) are:

F-104 (preferably G)

Mirage IIIC

J-35 Draken (F or J if possible)

English Electric Lightning

Not on the list:

F-4E or F-4J (or both :))

• 1 year later...
I would love to see Gripen being implemented

You are going to have to wait until the Gripen is retired and declassified before there is any chance of it coming to DCS. So in the mean time you are just going to have to make do with the Viggen and be happy with it.

The Viggen is so far my favorite module and it didn't appeal to me much at first. But I did my research and bought it on sale to try it out for my self and loved it!

The ones I would enjoy eventually seeing would be:

- Draken

- Super Etendard (preferably Modernise version)

- Jaguar

- Tornado

- May be the Buccaneer too. It looks like ass (and not a pretty ass at that) but it seems to be a very interesting attack machine for its day :P.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 3 months later...

I'm keen to see more cutting edge modern planes in DCS. I know latest tech NATO military A-listers like the Super Hornet and latest model Falcon can't be implemented due to secrecy and licencing. With this in mind, it's my thinking that more independent current tech fighter models might be doable.

To that end, I'd like to see the SAAB JAS 39 Gripen and the Yakovlev YAK-130. Of course, both these aircraft might still be out of the question, but they are being sold to many different nations, worldwide. There may not be the same limitation on aircraft avionics and radar tech info like there is on the A-List NATO aircraft.

From what I've read, SAAB are pretty desperate for sales for the Gripen. It's unlikely that any DCS players could afford to buy one of course (:lol:), but who knows, it might help market the aircraft some how. If ED approached them with the idea, they might jump at the chance.

The YAK-130 is similar in that it looks to be available all over the world, albiet NATO nations have access to the Italian designed Alenia Aermacchi M-346 Master instead. Essentially the same plane, but with Honeywell engines amongst some other small differences.

These two options offer current generation fighter technology in a front line combat option in the Gripen, as well as a modern trainer, light attack aircraft in the YAK-130/M-346. The latter is also brimming with modern avionics and radar tech. In fact it has been designed with the purpose of training pilots in modern avionics so they can jump straight into something like a Gripen and feel right at home.

Edit: I just read this little gem on the wiki page for the M-346 (if the wiki is accurate, of course): "A digital avionics system, modelled on its counterparts on board the latest generation of military aircraft such as the Saab JAS-39 Gripen, the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor and the Eurofighter Typhoon, is incorporated, making it suitable for all stages of advanced flight training and thus reducing the use of combat aircraft for training purposes."

mMZCwEJ.jpg

Edited by t00thPIK

I've read hardly a mention of the SEPECAT Jaguar.

The aircraft is no longer in service with the RAF which would (hopefully) make information more accessible. The aircraft is still in service with the Indian Air Force.

It would also make a great addition to Strait of Hormuz scenarios as the Jaguar was in service with the Royal Air Force of Oman until very recently.

Not the sexiest choice, but an interesting fit for DCS World.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

F 105 G :)

Doesn't work properly in DCS due to its very simplified EW simulation.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

F 105 G :)

The only one sexier aircraft would be Tornado :D

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

How about a Tornado ECR then? :D

But as I said before: They won't work properly in DCS due to the simplified EW simulation of DCS. :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

As far as Tornado is considered I believe only the interdictor variants would make sense for two reasons: it is the reall soul of Tornado after all and on top of that it would bring something unique to DCS where there is still quite a big gap to fill in. Yes, there is the Viggen but at the same time it's quite a different pair of shoes.

As you say the electronic warfare is simulated in really an simplified way in DCS while the interceptor variant would mix with already a big, with all due respect more capable and specialized crowd.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

As far as Tornado is considered I believe only the interdictor variants would make sense for two reasons: it is the reall soul of Tornado after all and on top of that it would bring something unique to DCS where there is still quite a big gap to fill in. Yes, there is the Viggen but at the same time it's quite a different pair of shoes.

As you say the electronic warfare is simulated in really an simplified way in DCS while the interceptor variant would mix with already a big, with all due respect more capable and specialized crowd.

Exactly, I totally agree with everything you said there!

And regarding the interdictor variants I think it can only be the original IDS/GR.1 variant, as newer variants (e.g. ASSTA 3 or GR.4) are too modern avionics wise and still in active service. The TIALD upgrade for the GR.1 might be possible though, but that would mean a british only aircraft, while the original IDS/GR.1 is the same for all three original Tornado users (UK, Germany, Italy).

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

For me here's my comprehensive list of European aircraft.

The reason why there are few modern day aircraft is because they take considerable fractions of the human lifespan to create in comparison to simpler aircraft with simpler systems.

For me I'm a fan of having aircraft variants for historical accuracy and having subtly different aircraft to play with. I'll try to arrange the variants in priority order, but I'll take any. I'll arrange them into their prospective countries, then in each country by personal priority order.

Any of these on the list would be met with much appreciation by me.

UK

• Hawker Siddeley Harrier /Hawker Siddeley Sea Harrier (FRS.1, Gr.3, Gr.1A, Gr.1, FA.2 (just because the FA.2 is that ugly IMO, and I'm guessing maybe too classified due to the RADAR?) [Early Harriers are a favourite of mine, plus Falklands campaign/Cold war Germany]
  • Panavia Tornado (I'd be happy with Gr.1 and/or F.2 though I'll take any IDS/ADV variant)
  • SEPECAT Jaguar (Gr.3A, Gr.3, Gr.1B, Gr.1, A, T.4, E)
  • McDonald Douglas F-4K/F-4M Phantom II (FG.1/FGR.2) - I know we're getting an F-4E
  • Blackburn Buccaneer (S.2D, S.2B, S.2, S.1)
  • EE/BAC Lightning (F.6, F.2A, F.53, T.4)
  • Hawker Hunter (FGA.9, F.6, F.4, T.8M, T.8C, T.7A)
  • Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1 (or other early Merlin variant, I know we have an LF Mk.IX)
  • de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2
  • Gloster Javelin (FAW.9F, FAW.9R, FAW.7)
  • de Havilland Vampire FB.9/Sea Vampire F.20
  • de Havilland Venom FB.4/Sea Venom FAW.22
  • Gloster Meteor (F.8/F.4, T.7)
  • EE Camberra (B.6/PR.9)
  • Fairey Gannet (AEW.3, AS.4)
  • Hawker Siddeley Nimrod (MR.2/AEW.3)
  • Avro Vulcan B.2 (Could be AI but I'd like to see a full fidelity one)
  • Handley Page Victor B.2, B.1, K.2 (Again same as Vulcan, but K.2 could be an AI aircraft)
  • Westland Wyvern
  • Avro Shackleton MR.2/MR.3/AEW.2 (happy with AI aircraft)
  • Vickers VC-10 (C1K/K3 happy with AI aircraft)

Sweden

• SAAB JA-37 Viggen (I know AI in development)
  • SAAB J-35J Draken (I know an AI variant is in development)

Germany

• Horten Ho-229V3/V4 (in development?)
  • Messerschmitt Me-262 (A-1a/U1, A-1a/U5, A-1a/U4)
  • Heinkel He-162A-1/A-2
  • Arado Ar-324B2
  • Messerschmitt Me-163b
  • Junkers Ju-87 (in development?)
  • Heinkel He-111H-xx (in development?)
  • Transall C-160

France

• Dassault Mirage 5
  • Dassault Mirage IV
  • Dassault Super Etendard/Etendard IVM
  • Dassault Mirage III
  • Sud-Ouest Aviation Vatour II
  • Dassault Mystere/Super Mystere
  • Dassault/Dornier AlphaJet (A, E or 2)

Edited by Northstar98
Muppetry

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Sweden

• SAAB AJ-37 Viggen (I know AI in development)

I guess this is supposed to be JA-37, not AJ-37 ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

I guess this is supposed to be JA-37, not AJ-37 ;)

Oops! what a muppet

(EDITING INTENSIFIES)

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The challenge with a lot of British aircraft is the UK MOD is notoriously tight lipped when it comes to their aircraft.

I would love a Tornado in DCS, but given the age, the best we could hope for would be a GR1.

The thought of low level, NOE strikes on runways with JP233's makes me all warm and tingly inside.