DCS 1.2.6 is avalible !

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read above post... try it yourself in the Instant Action FC3>Su-27 mission. Seems once you manually lock once, it returns to autolock.

At least that's something good but I would still like to have the option to choose between the two or have it returned to how it was earlier. I'm sure most Russian drivers would prefer Vertical Scan to remain automatic and TWS to be MANUAL or at least give us the option to choose between the two....

yeah, that was in the fx file - which is not mod friendly

better to add a line in PlaneConst.lua

smokiness_level = 1.0;

smokiness_color = {0.75, 0.75, 0.5}; -- RGB yellowish smoke

Im pretty sure I saw it in a LUA

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Im pretty sure I saw it in a LUA

Cmon Skate... not all people are .lua hackers.. :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Cmon Skate... not all people are .lua hackers.. :smilewink:

LUA is Cakewalk compared to .FX and .DLL

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

New ambient sound system (sea, shallow water, fields, wind, g-breath effect).
Can't hear the g-breath effect! Tested a few weather settings, all with wind or storm. Audio "World" is at 80%, canopy open, engines off. :( wind and field sound nice!

New wingtip vortices, new touchdown smoke.
Wingtip vortices are awesome! But I can't see the touchdown smoke with the A-10C, 140 KIAS touchdown speed at Batumi ... :(

regards,

Fire

Edited by VTJG17_Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't wait to try out the msffb2 with 1.2.6. Supposedly it is 100% fixed now?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

LUA is Cakewalk compared to .FX and .DLL

I write in assembly language, I dnt know what you mean :D

EDIT: and I dnt want to staff my mind with more languages... , what is .FX by the way :) c ANSI c++ its ok but further I dnt go, that is not my profession...

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

cool. anything else you noticed for the Huey?

I just sew the lights and came here to report :D I will report back when I fly ''properly'' tomorow and see all the changes :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

At least that's something good but I would still like to have the option to choose between the two or have it returned to how it was earlier. I'm sure most Russian drivers would prefer Vertical Scan to remain automatic and TWS to be MANUAL or at least give us the option to choose between the two....

Agree. I vote for leave them alone, they worked fine before in FC2, making these things more realistic with dual options requires a clickable pit so as to have the ability to actually see which option is selected, otherwise it just creates headaches and confusion.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

So I still getting updater has crashed, where is this repair feature I do not see it I have looked in the users folder and the main and no repair .exe.

:joystick:

found it, it was in my windows start up programs files list.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Agree. I vote for leave them alone, they worked fine before in FC2, making these things more realistic with dual options requires a clickable pit so as to have the ability to actually see which option is selected, otherwise it just creates headaches and confusion.

You have hit the nail on the head , I concur Frostie, and still cannot see why it had to be altered.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree, If you want to make things more realistic , make DCS: modules , do not break FC planes.

EDIT: You said you ported FC planes into DCS world because of the need for fighters generally.

Please make DCSworld fighters and dnt change FC old fighters.

I know you are making small steps, but make them where they actually needed (DCS: Jet) Why are you messing with FC planes?

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

So I still getting updater has crashed, where is this repair feature I do not see it I have looked in the users folder and the main and no repair .exe.

:joystick:

found it, it was in my windows start up programs files list.

Type CMD

Open Command Prompt.

Type: CD\

ENTER Key

Type: CD Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bin\

ENTER Key

Type: DCS_updater.exe repair

ENTER Key

still won't update to v1.2.6 here WTF? help

I had a similar problem of finding my Eagle Dynamics folder gone in my windows 7 start menu. But this was due to me not being careful and unintentionally deleting the folder in start menu while in the process of cleaning up after uninstalling FC2, BS1, etc to free up harddrive space. :D

I did the following as a quick go around until I have to download the installers at some point in the future:

1. Copy your desktop shortcut called DCS World, right click that copied shortcut and select properties.

2. In the shortcut tab of DCS World Properties in Target that is beneath Target Location is the following "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe"or something similar depending on your customized install settings.

3. Change by adding update a space after DCS_updater.exe" like this "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update

4. Click the Apply and OK buttons.

5. Rename the copied shortcut to Update DCS World.

6. Also make another copy from DCS World shortcut as above

Change in similar manner as above from "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" to "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" repair

7. Click the Apply and OK buttons.

8. Rename the copied shortcut to Repair DCS World.

Run Repair or update and see if this works for you. ^^

I also made a new Eagle Dynamics Folder on desktop with a DCS World subfolder and added those modified shortcuts as well as the copied unedited DCS World and DCS Multiplayer Shortcuts, and moved them into that DCS World subfolder. I then moved the Eagle Dynamics folder with said subfolder and shortcuts into Start Menu by dragging them. But this may be unnecessary.

Hope this helps. ^^

Edited by Cadarth
Order of instructions wrong and numerous small edits Doh!

Salute! :3

If you now select the mission "'Oil Rig Landing" in INSTANT ACTION for the Huey, you will find that the landing light and search light are no longer able to illuminate the FARP, buildings and oil platform. Only the ground. The bug is present only in this mission. If you edit a new night mission, the landing and searching light of the Huey working fine ;-)

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

My DCS Start Menu shortcuts are all missing. How do I run the Autoupdater to update to 1.2.6??

Or how do I just get my Start Menu shortcuts back?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download