DCS 1.2.6 is avalible !

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't hear the g-breath effect!

I heard it, I believe you need to maintain the high G maneuver.

I had the same issue, did not pick up a G breath sound (flying Su-27). I even kept pulling to the point of blacking out, still didn't hear it. I'll keep messing with it, see if I can hear it. I might just be doing something wrong, though I can't imagine the pilot wouldn't be huffing on the way to blacking out.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Can some tell me what the version number is after you updates. I tried to update through the update program the 1.2.6 update gave the a application error. I tried the repair sequence and it does not appear to solve my problem. The version I have is 1.2.5.16508 is this correct or did something go wrong....

Thank you

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

I had the same issue, did not pick up a G breath sound (flying Su-27). I even kept pulling to the point of blacking out, still didn't hear it. I'll keep messing with it, see if I can hear it. I might just be doing something wrong, though I can't imagine the pilot wouldn't be huffing on the way to blacking out.

I only hear it in the MIG-29... where is the smoke??? :-(

Can some tell me what the version number is after you updates. I tried to update through the update program the 1.2.6 update gave the a application error. I tried the repair sequence and it does not appear to solve my problem. The version I have is 1.2.5.16508 is this correct or did something go wrong....

Thank you

Based on the installer download for DCS World 1.2.6, the version number should be updated to 1.2.6.17746. Did you try a force update or repair using the shortcuts found in your Start Menu DCS World folder? If so did you try force running the updater using Run as Administrator?

If you can't get the updater or repair functions to work, I think you might have to download all the 1.2.6 installer files for DCS World and the modules which you bought for a re-install. :(

If the official torrents are the faster option, then I recommend getting the files that way.

thanks a lot for the 'update' shortcut trick! it worked! as im typing now it is downloading the new v1.2.6 !

Glad to help. ^^

Edited by Cadarth

Salute! :3

Please see my post above. ^^

Roger! That worked! Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I only hear it in the MIG-29...

I didn't hear it when first starting DCS after the update, but oddly enough after I exited DCS and opened it back up I hear it now. So for anyone not hearing it, give that a try.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Maybe its just me. Maybe its the missing smoke. Does the heat blur look different/weird to anyone else?

Yes, the heat blur definitely looks different. I think ED must have adjusted anti aliasing and blurring because it looks better to me :D

The wingtip vortices and G-breathing effects are tiny but magnificent, I am loving the superficial improvements. It is these tiny little things that add up to create a really realistic and cool flight sim. I am hoping multiplayer is more stable because I only do multiplayer.

Edited by Night

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

I heard it, I believe you need to maintain the high G maneuver.

Ok, so I need a fast mover ...

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't hear it when first starting DCS after the update, but oddly enough after I exited DCS and opened it back up I hear it now. So for anyone not hearing it, give that a try.

I startet DCS 4 times with different missions and aircraft (A-10C, A-10A), but can't hear it. :(

Same with the new touchdown effect. Can't see it at different airbases, weather settings and touchdown speeds.

Did anyone see the new touchdown effect?

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I only hear it in the MIG-29... where is the smoke??? :-(

FYI you guys might notice that the engine smoke effects (as seen in GAs MiG-29 promo video) are missing, they should be added in again later - however you can enjoy the wingtip vortex and landing smoke :)

P.S check folder Bazar\shaders\ParticleSystem2 to see where the new shaders effects are, exhaustTrail.fx is still there just inactive for now.

i expected this: when mission starts and when smoke appears, it appears on the half horizon and drop the FPS down drastically for a few seconds (in 1.2.6 steam beta)

after that the situation (FPS with smokes) returns to normal

hopefully it will edited/reworked and released next week

sign-pic4.jpg

I startet DCS 4 times with different missions and aircraft (A-10C, A-10A), but can't hear it. :(

Same with the new touchdown effect. Can't see it at different airbases, weather settings and touchdown speeds.

regards,

Fire

You need to pull high G's to hear the G breathing effects too, not as easy to do in the A-10.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

regards,

Fire

I've been able to hear the breathing in the Su-25 and A-10, but it doesn't happen often like in the fast movers like Su-27/F-15C. Try building a lot of speed up in a dive and pull hard in a turn. You should be able to hear it. Make sure your volume isn't low, the breathing isn't very loud if I recall correctly.

As for the landing smoke, I did not see it when landing with the Su-27. Haven't tried any other aircraft.

Do not update if you use Freetrack or Facetracknoir.

They no longer work.

Please fix fast.

Thanks.

Update:

Here's the thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=112679

I found the solution:

Go to "bin" folder and move/copy the headtracker.dll file from the "Headtracker" folder directly in Bin folder.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

To help out on what to listen for, I uploaded the test I did for the sound.