Mi-8MTV2 Whishlist

* Would love to have an option to take the clam shells off and put more gunners in the helicopter like in this video, especially if/when they make it a multiplayer aircraft. Would be a lot of fun doing something like this is with multiple players. Don't know if this is something the Russians do or if this is custom, but still a cool idea if you have other people manning the guns (starts at :44 for the scene I'm talking about):

*Would also like English labels. I realize the tooltips are in English, but it is faster to locate something when it is labeled in a language you recognize. That said I understand that this eats time and money, so if it has to be left to a player made mod (which someone seems to be working on right now) I can make do with that.

* Guided muntions added at some point. I know it isn't planned, but when the Mi-24 comes out and if it has guided missiles (certainly hope so) then I'm sure those can be ported over to Mi-8.

Edited by TooTall

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

The brakes on the Mi-8 are mounted on the stick. Its a lever you pull.

Is this a "digital" lever (on/off) in the real Mi-8 or is the force applied on the wheel brakes adjustable? If its adjustable, then there should be an (optional) axis in the game. And then we could map this to the pedals (or something else).

Realism is only one part of the story. Most of us wont have a lever on their throttles. And pressing a button isn't a realistic approach. So for me its just fine to use my pedals - even if there isn't any pedal-brake in the real Mi-8. Unfortunately my pedals cant send a key pressed / key released event.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

• ED Team

There always seems to be one common thing everyone wants in a given aircraft. In the Ka-50 it was the roof-mounted outside air temp gauge.

In the Mi-8, it's the fan, lol. :doh:

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

* Would love to have an option to take the clam shells off and put more gunners in the helicopter like in this video, especially if/when they make it a multiplayer aircraft. Would be a lot of fun doing something like this is with multiple players. Don't know if this is something the Russians do or if this is custom, but still a cool idea if you have other people manning the guns (starts at :44 for the scene I'm talking about):

*Would also like English labels. I realize the tooltips are in English, but it is faster to locate something when it is labeled in a language you recognize. That said I understand that this eats time and money, so if it has to be left to a player made mod (which someone seems to be working on right now) I can make do with that.

* Guided muntions added at some point. I know it isn't planned, but when the Mi-24 comes out and if it has guided missiles (certainly hope so) then I'm sure those can be ported over to Mi-8.

Now after I watched the whole video ... damn, I WANT a Hind now...

They are so mean and menacing looking when they come at you ... compare that to an apache: apache="i am ugly ... and you are dead!" but hind="HERE. COMES. THE. APOCALYPSE." (and i am saying that as total apache fanboi :o)

edit: did i mention that i want one? belsimtek?

Edited by Flagrum

-Option to decouple the pedals from the trimmer system (If that's how it is in the real thing).

-BST to keep doing what they're doing

-The Fan. (On future startups, if I discover that the fan is malfunctioning then the mission gets cancelled.)

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

-Option to decouple the pedals from the trimmer system (If that's how it is in the real thing).

It's not. It was done for the Huey to make it easier for non-FFB pedals. It's one thing to have to recenter your joystick every time you trim, but it can be a real pain to recenter your pedals every time, too.

It's not. It was done for the Huey to make it easier for non-FFB pedals. It's one thing to have to recenter your joystick every time you trim, but it can be a real pain to recenter your pedals every time, too.

So... Will there be an option to decouple the pedals from the trimmer system?

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

i'd like to see as already mentioned before

- crew members

- axis control for brakes

- wipers

- sound change when opening the blisters

- configurable keyboard commands for ALL switches

- ... and the fan obviously :D

and i would really appreciate a review of the 6 dof. because right now i'm unable to lean right when being the pilot which i experience as very disturbing. therefore i can lean forward that far, that the gunsight starts to clip. as well i would like to be able to actually lean more into the blisters (which they are designed for) to have a better view downwards.

Another thing is, that i don't mention any influence to the flight-characteristics when leaving the backdoors open. i would like to be able to feel and hear it at high speeds or that they just slam shut like the door in the ka-50.

Also i would like to equip auxiliary fuel tanks, which i right now can't.

(if any of this is due to me being an idiot with the set-up or something like that, just ignore it ;) )

I want them to add operational navigation radios, akin to FM homing and/or ADF that we have in the Huey. Those are not yet operational in the Mi-8, yet, right? Does anyone know what sorts of navigation radios the Mi-8 will have/has in real life?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Well the clamshell doors wouldn't be opened in flight

i do know this. but it is nonetheless possible to fly around with opened cargo doors ;). and concerning the overall high quality of the module it would be flaw in my eyes if such a mistake would have no consequences to the behavior of the machine at all.

I want them to add operational navigation radios, akin to FM homing and/or ADF that we have in the Huey. Those are not yet operational in the Mi-8, yet, right? Does anyone know what sorts of navigation radios the Mi-8 will have/has in real life?

- Engine Damage Model (TOT, Hot Start etc...

- GearBox Damage Model (Overtorque etc...

-CargoHook

-CargoHook

-CargoHook

-CargoHook

;)

Totally agree here!!!!!!!!!

Things that we need urgently.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Hi again wolle,

The Mi-17 manual in the docs folder also has a detailed section on the radios, comm, adf, etc that are shown in the beta model but not active yet. I'm assuming that Belsimtek will be making them to function as described in the docs

Hello,

All your ideas are super but before obtain all these function I think that the best idea will be to have all the switches and lights operational because some switches and light (ammunitions quantity) are not functional.

For me the best for one simulator in first is the cockpit (our desk) and it's always annoying to have some switches, light, gauges disable or dummy.

I know that the Mi-8 is Open Beta but before to have other things the the top is to have one perfect cockpit like the KA-50, no ?

Bye, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

I just want the command/control names used in the Quick Start Guide to match the ones in the lua file.

i.e. RS/GUV Arm, in the Startup Guide, is the same as Main Switcher in the lua.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: