Role play element Is it possible?

SFAL

While i was scaning trough a thread of how much this and that cost i got myself wondering if we could have a system where each pilot can only have equipement according to a point/rank system.

Now i understand this is very remote from the usual just hang'em shoot'em mentality but it would deffo pose a huge chalenge to destroy targets. This could be used to also on repairs... etc...

There are inherent problems naturaly like to any system... but it would sure be fun.... and sudenly we would use dumb unguided ordance a lot more often...

Also pilots would think 2x before commiting to ANY hostile action...

The thing with limited supplies already is in game with the warehouse.

You thereby can limit the available payload at an airfield and at what rate it will be replenished.

It's in the hands of the mission designers to make use of this feature.

Other than that, please keep RP elements clear from DCS !

You don't want to do a very lengthy training before being allowed to just get close to any of the crafts, let alone to fly. :music_whistling:

Greetings

MadCat

Sounds like an element in more casual games which tends to servery cripple the enjoyment that can be had from them.

If people are going to use dumb bombs or lower class weapons, they'll pick them themselves or the mission designer will add that constraint.

I'd certainly never enter any mission where this was implemented.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I might have used the wrong term....

What i noticed when playing on servers that have limited weapons is tha fact that playes come in and its first came first served... gets loaded up with high spec stuff flys off... and in most cases gets blasted out of the sky.... not even a single missile left the rail..

So as much as i like to dress up( got some costumes yes...best one is the Adam costume... and i like my gf Eve costume) i like to have a work around of this.

If we all agree that dcs is a realistic sim... as much we can have it... so i like to see the suply of ordance as well...

So i wont be going aroun throwing dust around and shoutin fire ball.... level 7... :) ok?

• ED Team

This is resource management, although I dont know how many people use it to its full extent, but you can limit the amount of supplies at certain bases, their resupply times, etc... not quite the same but close... as far as true Role Play... people do it here and probably dont realize it, simply flying by procedure, using proper communications, etc... and bam you are RPing and didnt even know it.... :)

While i was scaning trough a thread of how much this and that cost i got myself wondering if we could have a system where each pilot can only have equipement according to a point/rank system.

Now i understand this is very remote from the usual just hang'em shoot'em mentality but it would deffo pose a huge chalenge to destroy targets. This could be used to also on repairs... etc...

There are inherent problems naturaly like to any system... but it would sure be fun.... and sudenly we would use dumb unguided ordance a lot more often...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 2 months later...

Having us buy equipment might be good for a mercenary option- but what I would really like to see is a career mode option where you can do more to alter the map based on your rank.

The original Flanker had classifications like

pilot mission- where you just flew and could't change anything in the planner.

flight leader where you could change the pilots and weapons

general- where you had full control of your side.

I would love to see those brought back at a campaign level

I think a better solution to this problem would be an allocation system whereby each player can only use a certain percentage of the weapons available. This would allow people to jump straight in with PGMs if the mission requires it (cant hardly expect people to run the kind of SAM-laden missions the average MP mission is with mk-82s) but it's up to them how they employ it.

Basically, the resource system should be set so that if someone needs to load up on mavs/ARMs/LGBs or any other PGM needed for the mission, they can, but if they go and run down the throat of a Buk, that ammo comes out of their allocation.

The flip side of this, of course, is that players need to be able to earn more allocation. If a system could be implemented (to be actually enabled or disabled at the mission designers discretion) which restricted the player such that if their aircraft is destroyed with a given loadout, they could not re-equip that loadout on their next sortie. There would need to be some consideration given to aircraft with limited loadouts (KA-50, for example, is useless in an anti-armor role without vikhrs) but the general principle applies.