70% OFF!!

rextar

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it an easy process to transfer serial from steam to dcs world?

Looking to get the huey bit worried..

well, yeah. The keys received from steam are directly coming from ED. While the keys from ED have to be implemented on the steam platform in order to work which is a long process that will probably never re-occur again since from now on, the customers have the choice to buy from steam or ED unlike beforehand.

I say probably because technically, it would favor them to periodically updates the keys for steam because it would encourage the steam buyers to buy directly from ED thus giving them extra profits.

• Like 1

well, yeah. The keys received from steam are directly coming from ED. While the keys from ED have to be implemented on the steam platform in order to work which is a long process that will probably never re-occur again since from now on, the customers have the choice to buy from steam or ED unlike beforehand.

I say probably because technically, it would favor them to periodically updates the keys for steam because it would encourage the steam buyers to buy directly from ED thus giving them extra profits.

I don't get EDs interaction with steam, no other developer have problems with this. You get your key and you can use it where ever you want to. :doh:

I don't get EDs interaction with steam, no other developer have problems with this. You get your key and you can use it where ever you want to. :doh:

I don't thinks you clearly understood. You can do whatever you want with your steam key, using the standalone DCS World or the one given by steam. It just doesn't really work the opposite way (ED -> Steam) unless ED says otherwise like they did previously when they first announced bringing all the modules to steam.

ShaZe unless I am hitting a language barrier here I think it's you who is not "clearly understanding" ... :D

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1866942&postcount=92

Where do you get the idea from that ED will stop to sync the Keys because "it's your choice where to buy" now? This would massively anger a lot of people with no real gain. Sending some mails to from ED to Steam with some keys and the other way around is not a big workload I believe.

UH-1H……

before:

post-3033-1378769748.jpg

Those are the real prices for me, except from a10c, all others are just mods that ''demands'' a donation..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

ShaZe unless I am hitting a language barrier here I think it's you who is not "clearly understanding" ... :D

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1866942&postcount=92

Where do you get the idea from that ED will stop to sync the Keys because "it's your choice where to buy" now? This would massively anger a lot of people with no real gain. Sending some mails to from ED to Steam with some keys and the other way around is not a big workload I believe.

Hey, I said it was the safe thing to assume unless it was explicitly said by ED and because I am not a forum addict looking at every posts made by the devs I didn't see that they already had mentioned that they would indeed keep syncing the keys.

Anyway, you were pretty much off the points since I was simply stating that the steam keys were useable everywhere and that the ED keys were probably not unless proven otherwise.

So basically, you could have left the odd remarks alone and just said "ED did say that were going to keep updating the keys with steam"

Edited by ShaZe88

Hey no hard feelings, I just wanted a source for that statement and since we clarified it was conjecture on your part everything is fine. I just wanted to make clear for everyone that thinks about buying ED products that they can freely interchange the Keys between the platforms. (Even if delayed and of course FC3 not included)

Keep in mind that language barrier I am hiding behind. I didn't want to offend you with any 'odd remarks'.

I don't thinks you clearly understood. You can do whatever you want with your steam key, using the standalone DCS World or the one given by steam. It just doesn't really work the opposite way (ED -> Steam) unless ED says otherwise like they did previously when they first announced bringing all the modules to steam.

No, that's exactly what I meant, ED is the only place where there is a big deal transferring keys to steam.

I've not seen or heard of any other game where you have to wait to have your key being activated on steam.

• Like 1

Steam Prolly realized that it was 2 discounts on top of each other... (-10% and -70% for -80%)

But it's back to -10% here too...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

While I have a choice, I will not buy DCS modules from Steam. Even with the 70% discount. If ED offer this discount through their web site I would purchase. That's just me.

+1

hate steam, never want to use it for flight sims. Am I getting old?:doh:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Relax, guys, about the huey. Wags said all DCS products will be 70% off. So there was some mistake and huey got two discounts instead of one (-10, and -70, for 80 total). So now either someone realized this ir maybe it automatically but it change back to only 1 discount. Unfortunately it took wrong discount, so now just wait a little bit till someone realize this mistake and it will be fixed and you can get huey for 70% off like it was intended. For those that got it for 80% off, well, they got lucky, don't feel envious over 5 bucks...

No, that's exactly what I meant, ED is the only place where there is a big deal transferring keys to steam.

I've not seen or heard of any other game where you have to wait to have your key being activated on steam.

Are you kidding me? License Key Delays happen all over Steam. Dont just assume it's an ED Issue.

Do you know how many Steam Flash Sale Game's I've bought and had to wait up to a week for the key to be sent because they ran out of keys?

There's also been Times were Game Codes that I received on Launch Day for a Game on Steam, would not go through until over week later.

That being said.... Steam manages millions of titles and the content that goes with them, so... that's alot of DRM to manage...

So,

When You buy a Module from ED, your Buying a License Key from ED's License Pool.

That License Key is not in Steam's Database, ED Sends them a database file of License Key's and Steam Merges them with their Database, which allows you to paste it in steam and Activate. The Delay is in the last step ( I assume ).

The Only Reason you can Take a Steam License Key and use it right away on Standalone DCS, is because Steam gets their Allotment of License Keys from either ED or Starforce.

That License key is a Valid Starforce License Key from the second it's generated and can be put into the Starforce Activation box at any time.

The Difference with taking your ED License and Pasting into Steam is.

Steam has to Merge that License Key into their Database, not just for Activation, but for Linking it to Specific Content.

if you randomly paste a License Key into the Steam Dialog box, Steam isnt gonna know what it is, unless the key is in their database to link it to the content it's used for.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

well the huey discount was probably never meant to happen because its still a very new product! but steam accidentally added the huey I reckon! so its never going to be lower then -10 percent for a long time :D

could be wrong but it seems stupid to put a -70 discount on a product that is in beta

well the huey discount was probably never meant to happen because its still a very new product! but steam accidentally added the huey I reckon! so its never going to be lower then -10 percent for a long time :D

could be wrong but it seems stupid to put a -70 discount on a product that is in beta

:lol: sorry, I had too

DCS Summer Sale!

Wednesday, 19 June 2013

The entire range of DCS products will be on sale between 20 and 30 June!

DCS: UH-1H Huey - $19.99

DCS: Combined Arms - $11.99

DCS: P-51D Mustang - $15.99

DCS: Black Shark 2 - $15.99

DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade - $11.99

DCS: A-10C Warthog - $15.99

DCS: A-10C Warthog 1.1.0.7 (English DVD box) - $15.99

DCS: Black Shark (DVD box) - $15.99

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 - $29.99

DCS: Black Shark - $7.99

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Or it was supposed to be 70% off and not 70%+10%, so they deleted one of the discounts.. lol.

I find it shameful to ask for money for buyers beta products, and within a year to sell the same product 70% cheaper.

For the Mil-8 will wait to be let dirt cheap like the rest of their products starting from now.

Thank you.

np: Sorry Google Translator not usually write or speak English

Userbar1.gif

A-10C_UserBar_01.gif

falconlogo.jpg

• ED Team
Steam Prolly realized that it was 2 discounts on top of each other... (-10% and -70% for -80%)

But it's back to -10% here too...

This was a surprise to use as well. We have asked Steam to revert the sale price for the UH-1 back.

HAHA I am so happy they gave the huey -80 procent by mistake :D

now that I have it I am so happy I didn't pay 45 for it! because its "fun" but its getting dull fast.

while there are idiots who will buy it just out like me. hahaahaha hahaha hahaha

Userbar1.gif

A-10C_UserBar_01.gif

falconlogo.jpg

As someone who buys the game direct from the main site and I have bought most of them I am wondering why the sale is for Steam and not the main site? Sorry if this has already been answered. Considering the people buy the games at full price are important customers surely we should get the same offering on the main site. Sorry again if this issue has been answered or resolved.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.