70% OFF!!

rextar

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal opinion is that the P-51 is worth every penny of the full price. CA impresses me far less. Of course, that is just my point of view.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As someone who buys the game direct from the main site and I have bought most of them I am wondering why the sale is for Steam and not the main site? Sorry if this has already been answered. Considering the people buy the games at full price are important customers surely we should get the same offering on the main site. Sorry again if this issue has been answered or resolved.

You don't have to use the steam download version. Just buy the game there and get the module serial number from them. Download the game directly from the DCS website and when you start a mission it will ask for the code. I buy games from all kinds of sites like green man gaming and others and use the activate code on steam. All your buying is a code and I'm sure retailers hate it when the guy who makes the product puts it on sale. That's business and DCS will put them on sale when other guys don't anyways.

As someone who buys the game direct from the main site and I have bought most of them I am wondering why the sale is for Steam and not the main site? Sorry if this has already been answered. Considering the people buy the games at full price are important customers surely we should get the same offering on the main site. Sorry again if this issue has been answered or resolved.

Let me try an example situation on that premise.

Every Tuesday, PCAviator.com has a 10% off everything sale. I purchased A2A's C172 today from PC Aviator at the discount price instead of directly from A2A where it would have been full price.

Should one expect every vendor who sells through PC Aviator to also offer a 10% discount every Tuesday?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Purchased Huey from Steam, retrieved the key number and downloaded Huey from DCS. When prompted for the key it is telling me that it is not a correct one. Suggestions?

Are you sure that the prompt box is for the Huey? I had a prompt come up for A-10C (even though I'd already activated it) when I tried to activate my BS2 key. All I needed to do was cancel that box and the next activation box to come up was the BS2 box. You can tell what the box is for by looking at the top left of it (the border around the box) and it should say the name of the module.

Hope that helps :)

Almost all products were on top 40 sales today. Great job. Even if i didn't had time to enjoy.

Steam comunity is much less conciliant than in ED forum. best luck to ED for future crisis.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

I've been a fan of Eagle Dynamics and Lock On from way back in the Ubi Soft days. Then upgraded to Flaming Cliffs etc. It's kinda fortunate for me in that the Su-25T became my favorite aircraft to fly and fight since it was the one aircraft that ED/DCS chose to include for free in the DCS World environment.

I bought Black Shark a couple years ago and was going to upgrade to Black Shark2 so I could fly it in DCS World. I was going to buy BS2 and not the upgrade because for only 10 bucks I thought I'd save myself the hassle of upgrading. I was just getting myself in the mood to make the purchase from ED/DCS when I saw, in this thread, that I could buy BS2 from Steam for only $11.99.

I "hated" to do it because I appreciate the work ED does but at that price I couldn't resist. So I bought it (actually just the license that I learned how to do from this thread) from Steam. I got the license key code there but downloaded BS2 from here since I don't understand, nor do I want to understand, or join Steam. I didn't need to download BS2 or the Steam version of the huge DCS World file at all from Steam. Just the basic 1.9GB Steam environment (so I could get the license key code) that I'm going to delete soon. Thank goodness. I don't like gunking up my SSD with unnecessary stuff... clean, lean and mean is my motto.

How in the world can Steam sell ED/DCS World stuff so cheaply? Isn't ED/DCS World losing a whole lot of money? Why does ED/DCS allow it? I was gonna pay $39.99 for BS2 but I'm not gonna throw good money away if I don't have to and if ED/DCS wants to do business in this way... well, it's their business.

Instead of the guys and perhaps gals at ED/DCS getting almost 40 bucks from me they're getting a pittance from Steam. I don't understand it... doesn't seem fair but I don't make the rules... I just abide by them.

Sorry for your loss Eagle Dynamics.

Bob.

Asus P8Z77-V Pro - Intel I7 3770K@4.2Ghz - Win7 64 - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ - 128GB Crucial M4 SSD - EVGA GTX 680 - X-Fi Fatal1ty - Thermaltake 1050W PSU - Self-Designed Water Cooling - HOTAS Warthog - Etc.

Instead of the guys and perhaps gals at ED/DCS getting almost 40 bucks from me they're getting a pittance from Steam. I don't understand it... doesn't seem fair but I don't make the rules... I just abide by them.

Sorry for your loss Eagle Dynamics.

Bob.

Steam sales are not enforced by Valve, it was ED's decision alone for these items to go on sale on the steam platform. The possible benefits of expanding the potential customer base, who many will in-turn purchase subsequent and future modules at full-price FAR outweigh the minor amount of money ED made during a one day sale. Don't feel sorry for ED, this was a good marketing strategy which will pay dividends.

You gotta look at it this way:

Example:

Selling ~50 Modules a day at $12 = $600 in sales,

Selling ~5 Modules a day at $39 = $199 in sales.

Now Add in P-51D, A-10C, Huey, and Combined arms, Then add how many $4.49 Sales A-10A and SU-25 got.

Add in the fact that the modules show up in top sales list, only gets it more attention, as well as the Sale Pop Up when you sign into steam.

Hopefully the Steam kiddies that were complaining about the module prices since DCSW Launched on steam were happy for a few days.

(They were claiming each plane should only cost about $5, lol)

When steam does sales, the Product gets an insane amount of attention, and so many random "Flash" Buys from people that just buy it because of the price.

The Income/Per Unit is lower, but the overall Net Income from the amount of sales generated is most likely greater, by a large margin.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I hope ED's marketing strategy got them a lot of new recruits via Steam. I want them to succeed in business. They make a good product, one that gives me much satisfaction.

Bob.

Asus P8Z77-V Pro - Intel I7 3770K@4.2Ghz - Win7 64 - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ - 128GB Crucial M4 SSD - EVGA GTX 680 - X-Fi Fatal1ty - Thermaltake 1050W PSU - Self-Designed Water Cooling - HOTAS Warthog - Etc.

Some time ago I didn't own any of ED games or modules and I was struggling with myself should I buy it. After disappointing Cliffs of Dover I was very careful with spending out my money.

Then, I have found BS2 on sale for around 10 euro and I thought that I can try it.

And now I own almost every ED module, all BST modules which I got at full price (except P51 and BS2).

So you see now, that this ED marketing strategy is very clever :).

Edited by lesnyborsuk

I remember when sex was safe and flying was dangerous.