Steam Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Steam Specific Issues

ShaZe88

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One has to wonder why are the sales pretty much every month. ED caught itself in a loop when people do not buy modules outside of sales because they are so common and thus ED has to do them so common in return? Never ending circle?

Btw the Steam version does have a reason because then I have the freedom of choice if I want to play it directly from Steam or not because buying the game on steam gives me also the standalone key. It's not the other way around though and I'm automatically cutting myself from the Steam community.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

edit: Now, couple hours later, however I see all prices discounted as they should be in the sale so it does actually apply to former SU countries as well after all ? I guess it does.

I probably wouldn't have noticed, but I received two newsletters about the sale and the second changed the part about "former Soviet Union" countries to:

This FLASH sale is for world USD prices only and does not apply to special prices of Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) countries.

According to Wikipedia, that currently applies to:

- Armenia

- Belarus

- Kazakhstan

- Kyrgyzstan

- Russia

As for the reasons, no clue. :smilewink:

Nevada Test Range on Steam

Hello,

I have switched to DCS World on Steam before about two years and have purchased all modules after that for Steam. For some modules there where different versions of the modules for Steam and non Steam so that I can't use all of my modules with the non-Steam version.

So where and how should I buy Nevada? Will I get a steam key when I purchase the map here?

Regards

Steam and non steam modules are identical with the exception of the BS2 upgrade.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes, I think when its available for install and use you will see it show up in Steam shortly there after, just no pre-order.

And no bonus missions and full price! Ringing a bell? :smartass:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

"Bonus" Points only ever applied to Sales from the ED Shop.

Edit, mis read, you meant the bonus campaigns..

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

There are down sides to Steam I am afraid.

Steam has its fair share of issues. Even when steam had faster updates, I still moved all my Modules to Standalone versions, simply put I have more control over updates, versions, profiles for different versions etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

And no bonus missions and full price! Ringing a bell? :smartass:

There are down sides to Steam I am afraid.

Is that official Sith? We obviously are getting asked on the DCS Steam forums about this, so if you are confirming on behalf of TFC/ED that the Steam price will not be initially discounted plus the mission/campaign packs will not be included then it would be good to explicit to clear that up.

PS You have to be careful of the Steam publisher agreement section 4 on this, as the 'like-for-like' technically is saying it's naughty to do this (as in different content per sku/price). ED are tiny enough for Valve not to care, but some indies have been 'delisted' so to speak, so thar be dragons etc.

• ED Team
Is that official Sith? We obviously are getting asked on the DCS Steam forums about this, so if you are confirming on behalf of TFC/ED that the Steam price will not be initially discounted plus the mission/campaign packs will not be included then it would be good to explicit to clear that up.

PS You have to be careful of the Steam publisher agreement section 4 on this, as the 'like-for-like' technically is saying it's naughty to do this (as in different content per sku/price). ED are tiny enough for Valve not to care, but some indies have been 'delisted' so to speak, so thar be dragons etc.

Yeah, but there is no Pre-Order on Steam right now, so the price match (or 'like-for-like') isnt really relevant. So when it does go on Steam, it will be equal to the DCS Store. So no, no pre-order, and no bonuses related to the Pre-Order.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yeah, but there is no Pre-Order on Steam right now, so the price match (or 'like-for-like') isnt really relevant. So when it does go on Steam, it will be equal to the DCS Store. So no, no pre-order, and no bonuses related to the Pre-Order.

Obviously their sales on steam are not small, almost 1 million copies!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

The Campaigns are PrePurchase Bonus Items up to a specific Date,

Before October 1st = 2 Campaigns (F15C and A10C)

After October 1st and Before Open Alpha Release (Late November) = 1 Campaign.

The Discounted Price and Campaigns are for PrePurchase, after which it will return to full price.

If there is no Prepurchase on Steam, it will debut with the Same Price as eShop.

• ED Team

Dear all,

We realize that there is some confusion on how the DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map will be released on Steam. We have every intention of making this module/DLC available on Steam once it is first released as an Open Alpha on the DCS E-shop (late November 2015). However, we cannot offer it as an Early Access DLC on Steam. When it does release on Steam though (a bit after being first released on the DCS E-shop), it will match the price on the DCS e-shop at $49.99 USD and not include the bonus Red Flag campaigns. However, the Red Flag campaigns will be available on Steam as separate DLC.

Release of the NEVADA map on Steam will also be in parallel with the availability of DCS World 2.0 on Steam. However, DCS World 2.0 does NOT include the NEVADA map. DCS World 2.0 will be a free update to your DCS World installation on Steam and will not require any re-purchases of your DCS World DLC.

On a related matter, as a policy we no longer offer any of our products on Steam in Early Access form.

Thanks

Dear all,

We realize that there is some confusion on how the DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map will be released on Steam. We have every intention of making this module/DLC available on Steam once it is first released as an Open Alpha on the DCS E-shop (late November 2015). However, we cannot offer it as an Early Access DLC on Steam. When it does release on Steam though (a bit after being first released on the DCS E-shop), it will match the price on the DCS e-shop at $49.99 USD and not include the bonus Red Flag campaigns. However, the Red Flag campaigns will be available on Steam as separate DLC.

Release of the NEVADA map on Steam will also be in parallel with the availability of DCS World 2.0 on Steam. However, DCS World 2.0 does NOT include the NEVADA map. DCS World 2.0 will be a free update to your DCS World installation on Steam and will not require any re-purchases of your DCS World DLC.

On a related matter, as a policy we no longer offer any of our products on Steam in Early Access form.

Thanks

So you say that the people who bought your modules on steam are getting extra charged for the two campaigns and the nevada dlc because of reasons?

This would be a large disadvantage for all the steam users. Since the buyer have to decide to use either the steam or the non-steam version of your modules (which was for the last modules) this is a big drawback for the people who bought all of your modules on steam. So you say to them that, in spite of that they have bought all your modules for the same price as on your shop they now have to extra for the nevada map and the campaigns because they can't either use the dcs world 2.0 with lesser modules from your site (so they can't use software they have paid for) or using the older version with extra costs and all of their modules?

I think so I'l pass the nevada dlc and all further ...