Faster way to communicate with wingman/tower?

After watching the A-10 Campaign - Mission #2 track from Ironhand, I noticed that he was able to communicate with the tower and his wingman without having to go through the "menu". I believe that he had the commands (open / close formation) assigned to buttons on his HOTAS. How is this done?

What part of RTFM did I miss? It appears to me that I must press <\> then <F1> then <F9> then <F5> to get my wingie to change formation, yet Ironhand is able to *click* *click* and get "Open Formation" & "Close Formation" within 1 second!

I've tried to create macros for my X52, but if I put the key commands too fast into the progamming then the menu doesn't keep up and it hangs on the initial communications menu.

Any thoughts on the info that I can't seem to figure out?

Thanks,

-Chris

P.S. Ironhand, keep it up!

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

yes but the response times from when he hits it to the response he gets is wicked fast.

Don't know...

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

the point of your question is not Ironhands track but your problems with your joystick macros.

What part of RTFM did I miss?

The programming-part of your X52-RTFM ;)

Don't know the X52, but for the Cougar you just program a little delay:

macroname = BSP DLY(100) F1 DLY(100) F9 DLY(100) F5

{DLY(100) = 100 milliseconds delay, you can change it to 200 or 300 to go for sure}

blibet suber!

😄

ray

Swiss Jet Team Movie 2021

Dogtoes,

Mostly it's a matter of the text not displaying in a track as I navigate through the menu. Which is probably a good thing because sometimes I call up the command menu to the proper command and let it sit there ready for use (as long as I'm not going to have to use the keyboard for anything else). Then I just press the final key to issue the command when it's needed.

That being said, there are some commands issuable through a single key press (holdovers from pre-command menu days). You'll find those listed in "KeyCommands.doc" in the Doc folder.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

haha I had a similar Idea when discussing The x52 programing the other day. I used the command "budy spike" message for online messaging in a macro button.

This is only usefull only if you have an obsecene amount of buttons like the cougar or the CH fighterstick (+throttle) I left these out of my X52 profile because it takes away handy keys for all my radar modes swiches.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

\

That being said, there are some commands issuable through a single key press (holdovers from pre-command menu days). You'll find those listed in "KeyCommands.doc" in the Doc folder.

A-ha! That was the info I was looking for! Another example of RTFM I guess...too bad TFM is wicked thick! LOL Thanks Rich!

\ Communication menu

Shift-[ Dispatch wingman on mission. When mission completion, join up (Complete mission and rejoin)

Ctrl-[ Dispatch wingman on mission. When mission completion, return to base (Complete mission and RTB)

Shift-] Toggle tight formation or loose formation (Toggle formation)

Alt+[ Rejoin formation

[ Attack my target

] Cover my six o’clock (Cover me)

Alt-H Radio request to AWACS for bearing and distance to the home airfield

Alt-T Radio request to AWACS for bearing and distance to the tanker

-Chris

I'm using SHOOT applet with MS Voice Recognition Engine and NET Framework 1.1 (doesn't work with 2.0, so be advised)

By giving out voice commands you totally reduce the numbers of buttons you need to push in order to communicate with AI.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

By giving out voice commands you totally reduce the numbers of buttons you need to push in order to communicate with AI.

Clever idea Shaman... ;)

=FN= Six o'Clock

Member of Falcões da Noite Squadron

Florianopolis :: Brazil