Wingmen Commands

junae

Hi, I've just read a post regarding wingmen commands, but I didn't want to hi-jack it...

Well, I have a question regarding the commands menu:

Is there any documentation explaining the features/differences of wingmen commands? There are some commands that look very alike (though I don't remember their names right now), so it would be interesting to know what every command was created for and in what situation it's useful...

If any of you know where I can find some info, please post the URL...

Thank you ;)

=FN= Six o'Clock

Member of Falcões da Noite Squadron

Florianopolis :: Brazil

agreed, some info about wingman logic would be great!

For Example:

Does the wingman use rarar by default or is he waitning until I tell him to activate radar?

What is the Wingman's priority? Does he clear enemy AAA befor attacking primary targets or does he just fly in suicidally?

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

So far (from what I read in FC's manual) there's nothing mentioning W/M commands... too bad! :(

Let's wait for someone here in the forum who knows something... hehe!

=FN= Six o'Clock

Junae,

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a public list of wingman commands/meanings, though there was one circulated for purposes of beta testing.

One command that I find very useful is the "proceed to waypoint" command. You select the WP you want him to fly toward and issue the command. It's a good way to send him in a general direction without him following you like a puppy dog. You can use it, if the right WPs are available, to set him up for an attack from another direction, etc. Or just to keep him out of your way.

JaBoG32_Prinzartus,

My assumption has always been (correctly or incorrectly) that his radar is on unless you tell him to "snooze radar". It's impossible to tell in single player. Those of you who fly online would probably know the answer to that best.

The AI tends to target the ADS whithin the target group first, if you task it to "Attack ground targets". If issued the "Attack air defenses" command, they go SEAD. So they don't go suicidal in that manner. In a lot of other ways, though, they do.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

... though there was one circulated for purposes of beta testing.

Thanks for the info ironhand.

Don't you have a copy of this beta test document? ;)

=FN= Six o'Clock

My assumption has always been (correctly or incorrectly) that his radar is on unless you tell him to "snooze radar". It's impossible to tell in single player.

I think it is off default. Tell him to enable radar and he we will light off your RWR.