Refuel and Rearm

It seems like that I can not rearm and refuel the Mi-8MTV2. Is there a bug or what?

I have tried to open the dor also.

Refuel

Copy

Rearm

Copy

Nothing happens....

But I am abel to repair the Mi-8 though.

I have not any problems with the other modules I have.

Hardware:

Mainboard: MSI Z77!-GD65 Gaming, Socket-1155

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K, Quad Core, 3,5 GHz, 8MB

RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3 2133 MHz 2x4 GB

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB

I cannot confirm this. I have testet the rearming of the Mi-8 several times. There is a bug with the amount of refueling AFAIR, but rearming (and weapon change) works. You will have to wait a while bevor the rearming starts.

AFAIR it worked with closed doors too.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

Was it on a FARP and are you sure that FARP has the required vehicles on it?

Are you sure the airport belongs to your coalition and is supplied with the desired weaponry?

Using mic switch and intercoms to open rearming and refueling window?

Or press Lctrl + Lshift + C to open the door, ground crew should work then without intercoms.

'Frett'

From another thread I was able to rearm the MI-8 by not changing the fuel level and only selecting new weapons, so you might try that and see if it works for you. So far it works for me because I've never come close to running out of fuel.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

• 2 weeks later...
From another thread I was able to rearm the MI-8 by not changing the fuel level and only selecting new weapons, so you might try that and see if it works for you. So far it works for me because I've never come close to running out of fuel.

Exactly as you've said...! If you request refuel, it won't allow you to rearm anymore, because there is a bug with the refueling sequence..., and this also blocks the rearming from taking place.

On 2 posts ago, someone said:

There is a bug with the amount of refueling AFAIR, but rearming (and weapon change) works. You will have to wait a while bevor the rearming starts.

..., which might be possible, but it seems to take forever to rearm again, once you've "dared" to ask for refuel!:doh:

Now there are 2 other bugs regarding the answering from the ground crew, when you request something:

The first one regards the fact that, when having the engines off (no noise), the ground crew won't hear you if you have the left and/or right window opened or cargo doors (left CTRL+ALT+C) opened..., but if you open the left door alone (left CTRL+SHIFT+C), they will hear you loud and clear. So the hearing of the ground crew for your requests, isn't implemented for the left/right windows or cargo doors, when they are opened too.

The second bug is related to the ground crew not answering from the left ALT+' menu when there is noise (engines and rotor at full idle RPM), but they will answer you only if you get to the same refuel/rearm menu, through the left ALT+\ interphone menu, from there selecting F8 and then rearming!

There are 2 ways to communicate with the ground crew through their specific airfield's frequency...:

1. Put the radio switch to "ICS" (instead of "RADIO"), so when you press right ALT+\ the menu will be for INTERPHONE;

2. Leave the radio switch in "RADIO" position, but turn on the LARYNGOPHONE (which overrides the radio and makes it become ICS (or something) for ground crew)

Hope i was useful with these findings so far!

Good day to everyone!

Edited by MaverickF22
  • Like 1

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

Another problem would be that, the engine's noise would only be heard if the cargo doors, or left door is opened, otherwise the left and right windows being opened or close, make no difference in the noise volume heard inside, when the engines are running.

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

• 3 years later...

1. Put the radio switch to "ICS" (instead of "RADIO"), so when you press right ALT+\ the menu will be for INTERPHONE;

2. Leave the radio switch in "RADIO" position, but turn on the LARYNGOPHONE (which overrides the radio and makes it become ICS (or something) for ground crew)!

Had same problem. Both those options work. Thanks a lot <3

The Ancient Fox