Volume control

Laro

If i reduce the overall volume of DCS with the Windows audio mixer i can hear all sounds (switches, fuel pumps, etc.).

When i use the volume slider in the options menu inside DCS, some of the cockpit sounds are missing (switches, fuel pumps, etc.).

• 1 month later...

I´m having the same issue !

For example, if I´m moving the sound sliders, I can only hear the engine (inside the cockpit) from the P51 when on full throttle.

Mi8 I can´t hear the turbines spool up. I´m missing many more !!!

In outside view all is okay.

Any fix for that ?

• 7 months later...

It would be good if somewhere there was an explanation of what each slider increases/silences (engines, wind, sound, electronics devices, hydraulic landing gear, air-brake, countermeasures, missiles, etc.).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

I'm not sure what exactly each slider affects but I'm using the following settings and it seems to work well. Have no trouble hearing Teamspeak over the other sounds.

Volumes.jpg.f4dbd433d0edc6cce0f0a4ca8e040470.jpg

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Approximately :) :

Volumes.png

EDIT POST: Addition from DCS Manual:

The audio sliders increase volume when moved to the right and decrease when moved to the left. Each slider is dedicated to a specific audio channel:

• VOLUME: This controls the ingame master volume of the audio settings and affects all channels equally.
  • GUI: The volume of the Graphics User Interface (GUI) devices, like button clicks, is controlled with this slider.
  • WORLD: The volume of audio sources outside of the cockpit. (wind, other planes, vechiles, water...)
  • IN COCKPIT: This slider controls the volume levels of audio sources inside your cockpit. Examples include switches and fans. (hydraulics, engines...)
  • HELMET: Use this slider to adjust volume levels that would come through the pilot's headphones such as radio messages and warnings. (warnings, Betty, radio msgs...)
  • MUSIC: The volume of the music that is heard when in the menu screens is adjusted with this slider.

There are a lot of audio files in the Sounds folder and is a big job to sort them in these few sliders. I tried to connect sliders to the sounds to which we often pay attention. I hope so it will help and forgive me if i`m messed up something because sometimes they confuse me too :) :pilotfly:

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

...For example, if I´m moving the sound sliders, I can only hear the engine (inside the cockpit)...
Oh. I think that's why I can't hear my Ka-50's rotor sound since update...

Thanks for heads up.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 year later...

Is there any way to adjust these settings while running a mission?

It's nearly impossible to get these settings optimally coordinated with Teamspeak if you have to fall back to the main menu to adjust the audio settings.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1