Huey skinning question, how are files named in description.lua

monkie

I am trying to introduce a custom painted interior file "uh1_int.tga" into the Huey Description.lua.

I see that each file has a description to tell the program what part is the file is to be applied to and also the name of the particular file to be applied.

Does anyone know what description the "uh1_int.tga" file would come under? Also is there way to find out what these descriptions are, maybe a common way of naming?

Thanks for any help.

Monk

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

yeah I get your Point, but the description.lua never Points to the Cabin of the Huey..so every Huey has the same Cabin. In the depths of the DCS World Folder is the Texture for it..so if you want to change it, you have to search for it. But if you want to make it changeable..like one Huey should get my red Seats, and the other not..you may have to Change the coding for the Huey in generall I guess..so it points to a description.lua File or soemthing

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Yes you are exactly right, I can change the main texture but that would change it for all the Huey's. I'm trying to find the description for that particular part so I can change it for the individual Huey's.

I found a thread where Aussieboy talked about the description being

{"ab212_int_white", 0 ,"uh1_int.tga",false};

{"ab212_int_panel", 0, "uh1_int.tga",false};

but I cannot get either of them to change the interior so far. I have a hex editor and was going to look for the Huey's .EDM file to see what material was linked to the textures but can't find the Huey's .EDM file anywhere.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Yes you are exactly right, I can change the main texture but that would change it for all the Huey's. I'm trying to find the description for that particular part so I can change it for the individual Huey's.

I found a thread where Aussieboy talked about the description being

but I cannot get either of them to change the interior so far. I have a hex editor and was going to look for the Huey's .EDM file to see what material was linked to the textures but can't find the Huey's .EDM file anywhere.

That will work fine. Just make sure if you're viewing it in modelviewer that you restart it for it to show.

Here's an example using the same method

Untitled.thumb.jpg.1b11ca475104470154b229f9278801f2.jpg

For those who might be interested in changing the interior textures this is what I've found out from trial and error.

This changes the way the interior looks from the exterior view and also SOME of the textures you will see from the interior view. For example I changed the seat webbing from green to red for the passenger seats and the pilot seats. From the exterior both of them show the color change however the interior only shows the passenger seats as changed since the pilot seats have further texturing from the interior view.

You will need to add the following into your description.lua

{"uh1_int", 0, "uh1_int.tga", false};

{"ab212_int_green", 0, "uh1_int.tga",false};

{"uh1_int_dam", 0, "uh1_int.tga",false};

{"def_material", 0,"uh1_int.tga",false};

Of course this assumes the "uh1_int.tga" file is located in the same directory as the livery you are changing.

HOWEVER, this seems to interact in such a way with other liveries that if you have other UH-1's in the same mission with differen't paint schemes EACH of them will also need to have the same code inserted into the description.lua. If you do not do this for the other AI driven UH-1's you will get all sorts of texture mis-matches and other strange behavior in texture placement.

For example if you had a huey that was using the default interior you would have to insert

{"ab212_int_white", 0 ,"uh1_int.tga",true};

{"ab212_int_panel", 0, "uh1_int.tga",true};

{"uh1_int", 0, "uh1_int.tga", true};

{"ab212_int_green", 0, "uh1_int.tga",true};

{"uh1_int_dam", 0, "uh1_int.tga",true};

{"def_material", 0,"uh1_int.tga",true};

Notice the statements are "true" so the program looks to the default UH-1 texture locations.

I have no idea why there is this relationship and it might be changed as the Beta progesses but figured I'd put it out there to help others avoid spending time trying to figure it out on they're own.

Edited by monkie