DCS Enhanced Terrain Low'N'Slow Released

toby23

You can use this, or my other mod, or the DTAC textures. They all replace the same ground textures.

You can use DTAC trees with my mods as I don't currently offer tree textures.

yes that's exactly what I'm doing.:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Looks good! However, what does it do to FPS compared to vanilla textures? I know Toby himself said no influence but I'd like to know some results from different users/machines.

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Hello,Mastiff,

how to "mix" DTAC tree textures and the Toby 23 terrain?

I am using JSGME.

Thank you

launch JSGME

move the DCSET mod to deactivate right click on the mod

open it (explore); then open each zip file that has the textures in

start with the winter and move each DTAC (r_for.tga.dds)

for trees to each corresponding zip make sure you save,

the zip or RAR, it should ask you, "do you want to confirm the

changes" say yes. Do this for every seasonal textures.

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Great work, this solves the problem with scale of the texture in your previous mod. I'm mostly (as you said) Low'n'Slow guy and this looks more real from my low POV :thumbup:

Ranger, yes and Geert stop being greedy! :)

Ranger, I've made my own tree shadows (r_for_t.tga.dds) and DTAC also has it's own, you'll have try both and see what you like best...

I'm using DTAC's trees with my shadows and low and slow textures.

:music_whistling:So Toby...if we all deduct the next logical step we would hope to see your next mod like this : Enhanced Terrain Mod for HI-LOW CAP with morphing technology when descending below 200 feet ! :megalol:

If you have the time, throw some flock of birds and cows into it !:D

All fine things come at a slow pace...so take your time !:music_whistling:

No man...just joking...excellent work !!:thumbup:

(and good ideas here !;))

Alright, here's two new ones, one summer and one autumn. I think the Krasnodar shot shows the difference pretty good. I like that the changes are quite subtle. I hope you're not too angry with my crappy first try. ;)

:thumbup:

Did a test with this mod ;) looks good even going fast :thumbup:

• Like 1

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

^Add DTAC trees to that and it looks even better! I really have an awesome texture set now! + your cloud mod makes the perfect environment mod.

I'd really like to use the DTAC tress but i'm afraid i'm hitting the VRAM wall on my 1gb 6850 when I use those, i'll definitely use them if I ever get a 2gb or greater graphics card :)

Awesome Toby your other one was very good to but I like to fly low and slow so this one is even better for me thanks.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit