What do you think? )))

signalman

Beautiful new EDGE videos! I was wondering...

Just saw the EDGE videos on Gaming Shogun's website. Awesome stuff. It's breathtakingly beautiful.

My question, at this point, is why haven't ED made an FSX type of game? They would make a killing if they could get an FSX type game out there, with the world modeled appropriately with the EDGE engine, and their module nature, could easily destroy the market for consumer based aviation sims like the FSX line.

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ

16BG Ram

EVGA Geforce 760 GTX 2GB

My question, at this point, is why haven't ED made an FSX type of game?

It is not possible to represent the entire world using the Black Sea format because the world is flat. It is just 3d coordinates projected on 2d, so if you try a polar circumnavigation of the world, things start to break.

With EDGE and the new maps, this may change, but it is still a matter of resources. Modeling the entire world requires either a large amount of time/money or low fidelity. Low fidelity doesn't have to mean "ugly" though. It could mean a limited, generic building set, with generic airports. In vanilla MSFS (which was the result of many generations of world development) terrain still looked canned in most places. It was difficult to get the impression that you were actually in a specific place, especially in the older versions.

new thread is what I meant to create...

We do not need more threads. There are already at least 3 threads discussing this, and it has spilled over into other threads too. It is getting redundant.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Whats this from? Is this a new map or is this commecial stuff?

Well looks like this is going to be a new map Belsimtek Corsica. So those of you that are pissed about Nevada can't complain anymore lol...

http://ocb.net.au/board/index.php?/topic/6369-new-map-corsica-by-belsimtek/

Edited by LexiconG2

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

Well looks like this is going to be a new map Belsimtek Corsica. So those of you that are pissed about Nevada can't complain anymore lol...

http://ocb.net.au/board/index.php?/topic/6369-new-map-corsica-by-belsimtek/

The answer is yes/no and yes :)

This is a new map but not for DCS, for a commercial flight simulation platform from eagle dynamics. However this map I guess never will be a part of the DCS universe, it is a perfect example showcasing the capabilities of ED's EDGE engine which is going to be implemented into DCSW together with the Neveda map. :smartass: :P

Cheers

TrailBlazer