Heavy Nose

BBQ

Of course every time I specifically set out to record this phenomena, I can't reproduce it -- but thought I would ask community at large if anyone else has noticed this behavior:

When coming to a hover, I'm obviously pitched up to slow down until I more or less stop forward movement. At this point I've got the trimmer punched in and held, so that I can compensate for wind, etc. -- so end result is I'm hovering manually with zero vector, and then I release the trimmer, then engage hover-mode. That's my modus operandi.

Lately though, it seems like 50% of the time (usually when I'm in a hairy situation of course) when I release the trimmer, the nose drops a few degrees and I end up moving forward. This is before I engage the hover-mode. I then pull the nose back up again and attempt another trim. Sometimes it takes up to 10 attempts until finally it will hold the nose where it's supposed to.

I started to notice this after the 1.2.5 update, which included "Better support for force feedback", and wonder if it has anything to do with that -- as indeed, I use a Sidewinder 2 with FFB enabled. I've tried to also use simFFB.exe to control FFB, but I get the same "nose-heavy" result most of the time.

Anyone else notice this lately?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a G940 and I'm having such a hard time to fly level like I used to.

The slightest touch on the stick sends the helicopter into a 10-20 degree dive.

It wasn't like this before.

I tried using Sim FFB with DCS FFB off but Sim FFB lost control after a few minutes.

It works for about 30 sconds then stops.

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

I've not seen this (MSFFB2 user), but something sure seems iffy about FF in late versions. Troubleshooting semi-random stuff like this can't be easy.

Toby23: When using simFFB you'll need DCS FF to be on, otherwise you'll get the traditional need-to-center-stick-mode of trim if I'm not mistaken.

Hey guys -- Im convinced that my issue is caused by my Sidewinder 2 -- and not the sim. It has to do with releasing pressure from the stick, taking my hand off of it essentially, which is causing this problem.