TOOTALL Mission for the Huey

Lizzard

Hey Guys,

I´ve just recently downloaded the TOOTALL Mission for the Huey. Ähhmm..is there anybody who can explain me how that Mission is supposed to work?! I mean..o.k. you pick a Chopper and search for some Guys, or Cargo based on the FM Signal and then return to a FARP or an Airbase..but how do I choose the Missions?! Where is the Info on wich Place I have to unload my Cargo?! In the Briefing there is just one Drop Zone mentioned?! What about the other Drop Zones?? I think that Mission is really awesome, but I am confused:huh:

Thanks!

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

no..the Radio at 132MHz just tells me stuff about the Weather:huh: As far as I guess now..it is just like pick a Mission from your Kneeboard, and do what is written there..no further Informations

Hi, Lizzard.

First of all this is multilayer mission. That is why no any specific task for the single pilot. Just fly, navigate, transport the cargo and passengers. You have some ICAO flight plans. Use them as you flight missions.

I made this mission as an example for the General Aviation pilots. But this mission could be easily converted to the combat environment.

Hi airwar..sorry i missed your post:) o.k. I got the Concept of the Kneeboard, and I am fine with that. Your Mission is a really great Navigation and Landing Excercise for the Huey..I really love it. But one more Question, when I choose to fly a SAR Task and Navigate to the Guys transmitting at 40.6 it allways leads me to the Troops on the high Mountain Ridge. The Briefing says there are 40 SAR Teams or so?! How does that switch?!

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Hi airwar..sorry i missed your post:) o.k. I got the Concept of the Kneeboard, and I am fine with that. Your Mission is a really great Navigation and Landing Excercise for the Huey..I really love it. But one more Question, when I choose to fly a SAR Task and Navigate to the Guys transmitting at 40.6 it allways leads me to the Troops on the high Mountain Ridge. The Briefing says there are 40 SAR Teams or so?! How does that switch?!

How SAR trigger works:

1. When you Land and Load SAR team in the Helicopter this SAR team stop SOS transmission at 40.6. After 1 second at another location new SAR team spawn and start SOS transmission at 40.6. New SAR team may spawn very far from your landing location. Fly around to find good and strong SOS signal. Like in a real life :thumbup:

2. Fly to the SAR training camp Quebec and drop loaded SAR team.

3. Now you could fly and search for the spawned SAR team.

4. You always have only one SAR team with SOS transmission at 40.6.

5. Monitor fuel.

6. Practice landing in the mountings. Roof and Train landings piece of cake compare to the landing at the mountains! Landing on an inclined surface without visible horizon line this is TOP of the flying skill :thumbup:

P.S. I have landed at ALL 40 places to check are they suitable for landings. After one week of this hard mountain landing training, landing at Kutaisi on a horizontal surface was unbelievably easy!!! Because in the mountains, I learned to feel the helicopter on the most challenging flight conditions and maneuvers.

Edited by airwar
  • Like 1

Yay..thanks a lot!! Yeah..I guess everybody who is flying the Huey should give your Mission a try. Very good Navigation Training and a quite hard landing Excercise / Challenge.:thumbup:

This helicopter (AW139) will be the best for the SAR training mission :thumbup::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0XQFS2xAQ8

Edited by airwar

really?! Are there any Choppers available from you..or will be?! How about a Bell Jet Ranger...I would kill for that Module:)

As I said this is just my hobby. Now I'm learning algorithm how to make modern flying helicopter model. DCS has the best simulation environment. Any new GA helicopter will be created on the same principle. The most important thing to understand how to make the first helicopter! :D:D:D

P.S. And this is my initial list for the DCS :D:D:D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQIZ0f8iO2A

and EH101 Merlin (AW101) my favorite, but no any docs:

Edited by airwar

• 2 months later...

Puzzled by missing Knee Board 'Flight Plans'...

Flew one mission (DSC V 1.2.6), with all flight plans OK.. second SAR mission, right from the start-up of the mission, the Flight Plans were missing from the Knee Board.

Regular airport and country info still shows on knee board, but flight plans for this mission are missing.

Opened mission in 'Mission Editor', saved it and also saved it under another name, but end-result is still missing the Flight Plans.

Has anyone run into this problem too?

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

"Repair DSC" fixed "problem"... which was initially caused by running 'Troposphere' mod, which apparently changed mission.lua file...

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Hi,

I am from Austria and my English is not so good, but I try to declare my questions with tootall:

1) Is the mission with the car accident written in the description only a example, or is it flyable?

2) Is it neccesary always to start with mission 1 (in the mountains) and after dropped the team in quebec I can start the second mission and so on?

This would mean I have to fly some hours to reach Mission 4. In this case, I never would reach the mission 40 (40 SAR Teams inplemented in the mission). Or can I select a specific mission from this 40? And how is it to do?

3) When I select the Frequency of ATC with 132 Mhz, I only hear the looping ATIS an no communication with Tower. Have I change to another Frequency?

Thanks for your Answers!

Best Regards

Skydiver

Hi,

I am from Austria and my English is not so good, but I try to declare my questions with tootall:

1) Is the mission with the car accident written in the description only a example, or is it flyable?

2) Is it neccesary always to start with mission 1 (in the mountains) and after dropped the team in quebec I can start the second mission and so on?

This would mean I have to fly some hours to reach Mission 4. In this case, I never would reach the mission 40 (40 SAR Teams inplemented in the mission). Or can I select a specific mission from this 40? And how is it to do?

3) When I select the Frequency of ATC with 132 Mhz, I only hear the looping ATIS an no communication with Tower. Have I change to another Frequency?

Thanks for your Answers!

Best Regards

Skydiver

Have same questions. and also...

Flight plan 'TT001" has me flying to Batumi to "load 4 adults" at LZ Batumi (on airport, located where airshow crowd stands).... but once landed there, using '/' → 'F10' options (load/unload personnel), message appears 'You don't have extractable troops or pick up zone nearby'.

Skydiver:

ATC frequency Kaitusi = 134.000 mHz

Have same questions. and also...

Flight plan 'TT001" has me flying to Batumi to "load 4 adults" at LZ Batumi (on airport, located where airshow crowd stands).... but once landed there, using '/' → 'F10' options (load/unload personnel), message appears 'You don't have extractable troops or pick up zone nearby'.

Skydiver:

ATC frequency Kaitusi = 134.000 mHz

This is my mistake. In airport Batumi you can use only helicopter 960. You could add more helicopters from mission editor by editing the triggers.

Edited by airwar

Hi,

Thanks for your Answers!

Best Regards

Skydiver

This mission was made for MP. But you could make any changes and make SP. May be this is not easy for beginners but a lot of fun. Sorry, but from DCS1.2.6 I do not support my missions anymore. Now I am busy with AW139. Have a good flight.

Thank you for your work on the 'TOOTALL' mission... am enjoying the challenges. Look forward to hearing about your progress with the AW139!

Thank you for your work on the 'TOOTALL' mission... am enjoying the challenges. Look forward to hearing about your progress with the AW139!

Thank you. I have some progress with AW139.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmlFj376QZM

This will be free version. If this civilian helicopter will have success with Las Vegas scenario I will make payware AW139 PRO with FMS and etc.

• 1 month later...