Jet Thunder

VapoR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I'm always impressed with these demo videos, and I dont have to pay $25 a year to watch them :)

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Well its a free SIM...

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Dont you think it is a little arcade-ish? I mean, the yellow arrow on the HUD pointing the rival plane, the cockpit instrumentation etc, all give a very arcade-ish (like HAWX) look...

I went to the website and that yellow arrow is for arcade mode, it is a waypoint indicator so they say.

There is a simulation mode which does not have the arrow and they are supposedly making the cockpits 3d+clickable and fully 6dof.

It has been mentioned in a few interviews it will be a scaleable sim, if it was strictly an arcade title I'm sure it would have been released already. The development time would come from complex lines of code required to "simulate reality". For some reasons reality to us is natural, but to a computer it's a very difficult concept ;).

"I had this dream, and there was all sorts of zeroes and ones, but then ... I thought I saw A TWO!!!!" -Bender waking from nightmare.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 1 month later...

Agree. It's been in development for too long and the pits look terrible.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I thought they were aiming for high fidelity flight model and avionics? I actually don't mind the graphics but it has been in development for so long I lost interest years ago.

I would get it just to see how the Harrier flies.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

safely say jet thunder is another game this not going to scare dcs in the slightest.

It probably won't be as advanced as DCS or Falcon is, but why do you assume it will be arcade game, not a sim? Have you played it already?

Beside, ED won't make every interesting plane out there. It's good to have other guys who try to make a simulator. And they aren't charging for forums access. :thumbup:

Even if simulation part will be on par with LockOn I'll be happy to fly it. Harrier? Carriers? I'm sold. :pilotfly:

safely say jet thunder is another game this not going to scare dcs in the slightest.

Well no but thats not to say any sim that doesnt compete with DCS standards is a waste of time? There's a good reason iv been looking forward to this one.....

Harrier? Carriers? I'm sold. :pilotfly:

And there it is :joystick:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

They said that it would not be as hardcore as black shark but at least it would be similar to lock-on in terms of realism. Honestly I just want a great flight model of the mirage and harrier; lest see how it turns out at the end before jumping into conclusions.