Jet Thunder

VapoR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Addics, enthousiasts ... what's the difference ;)
Enthusiast can wait until a game is finally playable and that usually not until it gets at least one full patch.

Addicts need their fix immediately and pay by acting as beta testers.

Pro-Gamers wait till a game comes out in some kind of gold edition...fully patched and 25% less in price.

Pro-Gamers wait till a game comes out in some kind of gold edition...fully patched and 25% less in price.

When does the fully patched part happen. I don't think I have ever seen one.:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well it might be to you but it has alot of potential it could lead to a series of sims for the cold war and don't knock it until you've seen all their videos. It will have a dynamic campaign as well.:thumbup:

I will defend ED with hook, crook, teeth, claws, jaws..

If it doesnt have a shitstorm of click-ology buttons, a 700 page manual, 3 week average patches, it can kiss my ass.. And I'm speaking for Kosher, Orthodox Flight simmers, with an attitude. :pilotfly:

On the other side, I think I should not rush it. Maybe its good, maybe its not. I'm no judge unless I see the actual thing. Youtube will do the trick.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Enthusiast can wait until a game is finally playable and that usually not until it gets at least one full patch.

Addicts need their fix immediately and pay by acting as beta testers.

Clever breakdown, I stand corrected :).

I'm in the pro gamer with this title. Looks interesting, but the latest video was somewhat underwhelming apart from the over dramatic music which I liked ;).

• 2 years later...

I think , the best would be take all models and port it to dcs world 2. He would save a lot of time and money and finally he could release it.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

• 4 months later...

No, i believe he dosent want to do it for dcs beacue of economical reasons and the fact that he would have to model alot more systems for a dcs aircraft to be accepted my the community. And i believe hes only by him self or maybe with a few others at max.

That seems like a ridiculous reason not to develop in DCSW. You know, one thing that has made me scratch my head all these years over this is, the Falklands War wasn't exactly an enourmous conflict. I don't see how there is that much ground to cover with the war itself and along with the simple flight dynamics, what's taken so long.

I serviced the Harriers when I was active duty USAF. They always came over to Germany to practice sorties.. :joystick: Also with many other aircraft...

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Still cant see why they dont ask 3rd party status and make a team.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

That seems like a ridiculous reason not to develop in DCSW. You know, one thing that has made me scratch my head all these years over this is, the Falklands War wasn't exactly an enourmous conflict. I don't see how there is that much ground to cover with the war itself and along with the simple flight dynamics, what's taken so long.

It might not be their dayjob.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

No, i believe he dosent want to do it for dcs beacue of economical reasons and the fact that he would have to model alot more systems for a dcs aircraft to be accepted my the community. And i believe hes only by him self or maybe with a few others at max.

The community isn't ED forum alone. A lot of players enjoy FC style of plane and doesn't want to go further. Forums are only representative of the *thin* upper side of a Customer base, where all the "way-too-addicted" are gathering.

They is definitively room for more FC style plane.

• 3 weeks later...

Jet Thunder: Lead developer Steven Dobbs passed away 23 May 2015

Dante of the Jet Thunder developers team posted this sad news:

http://combatace.com/topic/86175-steven-dobbs-has-passed-away/

"It is with deep sadness that I inform that our beloved friend and lead developer, Steven Dobbs, passed away this last Saturday, victim of a terminal cancer. He was battling this illness for a long time, which caused the silence and distance to projects such as this one, since he had a much larger priority at hand.

However, he instructed us to move forward regardless of his ultimate fate, and we will do so, to keep his memory and to fulfill his wish.

Steven will be greatly missed."

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]