Waiting for first discount on DCS: Mi-8MTV2

Dear all,

Apologies for taking a bit to respond on this subject, but we first wanted come up with a means of compensation for those that purchased Mi-8MTV2 at full price.

Faith restored. Great move. You've kept your loyal customers happy and more likely to continue buying full priced products instead of waiting for sales. Really happy to see that.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they are seeing the subject only from their perspective. ED and Belsimtek are selling their products internationally. It maybe hard to see at first but 50$ in countries like USA have a lot different value in these countries than in some other countries in the world. Don't these people deserve the chance to be able to purchase the same things other people in more fortunate countries can afford?

You make a very good point there.

But I think the irritation about the sale was not about that. It's about expectations. The early sale was very much unexpected. Had we known that the Mi-8 would be on sale so soon, everybody could have made an informed decision about willingly paying full price or just wait a short time. I believe quite a few people around here would have gladly payed full price with the sale announced just to support the devs and let the wallet do the talking. :)

It's the surprise of the early sale that made people feel unappreciated.

But you're right, the positive side of the early sale is that the user base is broadened and that people who couldn't previously afford the Mi-8 now may be able to do so.

Just one more point here: Some of the early buyers said that their money is very limited as well. I think these people are the ones that were really disappointed by the sale (or, more precisely, because they didn't know about it in advance).

If you are so worried about money, why haven't you ALWAYS been someone that waits for sales? Why do you ever buy anything when it first comes out?

The point has been made numerous times, but I'd like to highlight this once more.

We all know about sales and I think people around here usually have some kind of understanding of market economy. So the question is: If I buy now for full price, is it worth it? With the next sale just two weeks ahead, most people would probably answer "Hell no! I'll just wait two weeks."

The general expectation, however, was that the first sale would be several months in the future, in which case buying now for full price means I'll have dozens of hours of stick time before the first sale.

So the problem is not the sale but its unexpected early date.

So does this mean we'll never have a season sale for a product that came out only 2 weeks prior?

Maybe it's just me, but everybody loses out on this one.

• Like 1

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

Dear all,

Apologies for taking a bit to respond on this subject, but we first wanted come up with a means of compensation for those that purchased Mi-8MTV2 at full price. We recognize that the sale of this product was too soon after the initial sale and we want to make this right. As such, all those that purchased Mi-8MTV2 prior to the Autumn sale will be receiving a 70% coupon for any current or future DCS product.

Thanks

Thank you so much Wags, it's not so much the discount that I care about but the ACKNOWLEDGMENT of the whole issue that is important. I really appreciate your statement, thank you again, classy.:thumbup:

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

...lets hope you learned your lesson .

Please don't spend your coupon for the next module instantly ,

please wait next time until it is on sale - so no one feels betrayed again.

I learned my lesson from the Huey sale.

I was here only to support the revolt :D

I bought the Mi8 for 20$ :thumbup:

EDIT:

Thank you so much Wags, it's not so much the discount that I care about but the ACKNOWLEDGMENT of the whole issue that is important. I really appreciate your statement, thank you again, classy.:thumbup:

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Just one more point here: Some of the early buyers said that their money is very limited as well. I think these people are the ones that were really disappointed by the sale (or, more precisely, because they didn't know about it in advance).

But that's the thing. I didn't know either about the sales timing. I just knew that there where going to be one eventually. So because I didn't have a choice (financially) I waited patiently for the next sale. It just so happened that it came earlier than expected (even though Wags said that there would be one soon).

Those that gave their limited money judged that they are able to spend them for a product they liked. Even by their tight budget, they made a judgement that they could afforded it. They made the choice not to wait for the next sale. So it shouldn't matter when the next sale should take place. I looked at my financial situation and made a decision to wait.

But I am afraid (and I hope I am wrong) the damage is done. By the response of ED/Belsimtek to this subject I fear that they will limit the number of sales through the year. Maybe even lower the percentage of price drop. If this happens many people like me will stay with what modules we have right now. And when the time comes for the modules we have to get a paid upgrade (like Black Shark 2 was) we will go away. Not because of anger but because of simply not being able to buy any new modules. All this commotion may have hurt other member very badly. :(

Hello,

Wags give us the good solution and good issue, is it not possible to close this topic because "19,640 View" for this problem who now is resolved I think that it's enough...

You know I would like to have this same number of "view" or "Replies" when we post one question about one module or when we need assistance, no ?

Bye, Skull.

Hello,

Wags give us the good solution and good issue, is it not possible to close this topic because "19,640 View" for this problem who now is resolved I think that it's enough...

You know I would like to have this same number of "view" or "Replies" when we post one question about one module or when we need assistance, no ?

Bye, Skull.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Congrats on your successful forum rage thread. I bought it a few mins after release and would never regret it. If anything, they should increase the price of this unique quality product. Still very nice of ED/BST to give 70% off on any module of course. However, keep in mind that no one wins on this deal if they go out of business because of small or non-existent profit margins.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just hope it won't hurt Belsimtek too much ... but hard to believe, seing a price being reduced by 70% even not one month after release !!!

The risk as Eurofor said is that it will kill the company, and the Mi-8 will be their last product ...

I hope I'm wrong !! But maybe selling it let's say 34$ for a long time without sales would have been more productive ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Maybe it's just me, but everybody loses out on this one.

Not at all. A lot of people have had the chance to buy a brand new beta product at a 60% discount. Those who bought it for full price will be given the chance to save money in the future. People who want to buy release on day one in the future to support the developers and show their interest will know that they won't be seeing a massive sale two weeks later, or if they do, they will be compensated.

I will continue to purchase on day one. If this announcement wasn't made, I would always wait for sales. Win win. The only people who would lose out are people of very limited finances who have no choice but to wait for a sale. That's an unfortunate situation, but it is not the majority of the customer base.

The other option is just to release the product at $20. Far less than it is worth.

Dear all,

Apologies for taking a bit to respond on this subject, but we first wanted come up with a means of compensation for those that purchased Mi-8MTV2 at full price. We recognize that the sale of this product was too soon after the initial sale and we want to make this right. As such, all those that purchased Mi-8MTV2 prior to the Autumn sale will be receiving a 70% coupon for any current or future DCS product.

Thanks

Hats off, Wags. You've made quite some people happy. I hope this will put an end to the rage, but I do expect at least a few fans to continue posting pissed off, out of principle :)

In any case, I personally welcomed the sale as I bought MI8 which I would not do for quite some time otherwise.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Dear all,

Thanks

I don't find that ED/Belsimtek had any responsibilities to us who got Mi-8 for full price even if the sale was next day and not after two weeks. Its their choice and that might bring in some more cash to the company involved.

I believe the company is losing on it on the long run since many might switch over to get their products on sales. Then again we do get more people who would not get the model at all so the is a hard one to tell which is more beneficial for the company.

But that ED is compensating us for wanting the model as soon it is out is very generous.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

But I am afraid (and I hope I am wrong) the damage is done. By the response of ED/Belsimtek to this subject I fear that they will limit the number of sales through the year. Maybe even lower the percentage of price drop.

In that case, wouldn't it be "back to normal"?

Sales are quite common, and 15% or 25% discounts after a couple of months are widespread in the gaming industry, increasing to 50% or more after maybe a year or two.

Let's face it, while I believe that ED and BST have a team of flight-sim and aviation enthusiasts, basically they run a business and want to squeeze the maximum amount of money out of us. I also believe that they must act like that because I don't think there's such a large margin in it for them (of course I might be wrong here).

The downside is that in order to squeeze the maximum cash out of the market, sales can't come too soon or they will (might?) hurt business in the long term.

Personally, I'm a strong supporter of the idea that people should be able to choose how much value they assign to a product. Look at crowdfunding and the enormous amounts of money that some companies collect long before the product is even remotely ready.

I strongly believe that we gamers want to support good developers and that a lot of us would gladly pay more than the normal prices to show how much we like the product and to support future development. This would also mean that people with less funds available could chose to give as much as they can without ruining themselves.

I wish it was like that with ED, but I don't know whether a business could really be run like that. Given that this kind of utopia is not here yet, the downside is that people with less funds available will have to wait longer. Well, or not if ED and BST keep the early sales. We'll see.

If any of those people who were rambling on that they're totally fine with paying the full price (and thus supporting the developer) want to get rid of their coupon: PM me. :D

:megalol: Great one, have some rep for that mate.

I will also accept PMs with coupons from you guys not felt betrayed.:D

• Like 1

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals