Need help: Cannot select "Internet" in server options

Smoky

Hi folks

Weird issue after the latest patch... When I click to "Start Server" I get the server settings window. Normally there is a pulldown allowing me to choose "Internet" or "LAN". Now that table cell only shows a pulldown arrow, but no menu.

When I click on the arrow icon the icon changes to show an "expanded" icon instead of a "closed" icon but no menu is revealed. I thought maybe the menu was rendering oddly and tried clicking around the screen. thinking I might "find" the menu option rendering in the background somewhere, but no dice.

What could be causing this? What is the fix?

That is weird. The pull down selections were replaced in v126 with a little yellow checkbox - check it for Internet, uncheck it for LAN.

(I'm not in front of my flight machine so I can't look at it while I answer...)

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried hosting a LAN gmae last night with my brother, both running off the same router. We couldn't see the game in the master list nor could we connect via IP. I did have the "advertise as public game" checkbox or whatever it is ticked. Does that essentially stop you being able to connect over LAN?

We could both see other games in the master server list and we could both join to other servers with no problems.

I tried moving the host ip into the DMZ on the router but that didn't work either!

Yes, if you have "public server" checked I don't think it'll work if you're LAN- at least that's the way it used to be. I couldn't connect to my own server if I looked under internet... I needed to look under LAN.

If not then I'd recommend renaming your DCS folder in "saved games" and letting the game rebuild it. That has resolved some issues for people in the past- then you just transfer back over your non-server config related files into the new remade folder.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art